Should we move our population centres inland ?

gobbledonk

You guys believe it's a legit pic?? Should stir an outrage if real and the Bush clan on it.

personnally find it quite funny though, feels a bit like the surf scene in Apocalypse Now

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
randomshots said:

You guys believe it's a legit pic?? Should stir an outrage if real and the Bush clan on it.

personnally find it quite funny though, feels a bit like the surf scene in Apocalypse Now

"This looks like a striped bass." a Whitehouse spokesman said, " Common in Chesapeake Bay. Not generally found in downtown New Orleans." :)

http://www.chesapeakebay.net/info/striped_bass.cfm

What about the pic of Bush in a Man Utd shirt, is that fake? hehehehe

I think it should be up to the citizens of New Orleans whether or not they are moved or whatever. I am not comfortable with them being told. Property rights is a fundamental right that goes back to the founding of the country.

N.O. will be rebuilt. If for no other reason, a financial one. Its at the end of the Mississippi river and a vital port for all kinds of things in the gulf. Its functions will have to be replaced somewhere else. Where? Its uniquely located. No city appears for no reason. After the shock, etc. it will be rebuilt.

"Jesus, RS - what have you been smokin, old son ?? "

Nah, been sober a couple of weeks in a row... can't be good!! Actually before reading the following comments didn't notice it was Bush in the pic and found it hilarious. Don't like fishing but would be laughing so hard the stars would hear if I was lying in this boat, sipping good wine.

Random, cruelty is human relationships

N.O. will be rebuilt. If for no other reason, a financial one

I dont doubt it, CS, and its a long way from being the only big city in 'harms way' : lets hope we arent having the same discussion in twelve months time.

The unfortunate thing about prophesying doom and destruction is that very few people will come back to me in 12 months and say 'Artie, you were full of shit !' : its a pretty safe strategy compared to those who predict that all will be well with the world. Full marks to the guru who, back in 2000/2001 predicted :

- a terrorist attack on NYC

- a major natural disaster in the Gulf

- a major quake in SFO

Two from three, but none of them were considered wildly unlikely when he made them. The question remains 'How do we prepare for the aftermath of the next disaster ?'. If the response to 9/11 and NO are any guide, the Bush administration doesnt have the answers to that question.

Cheers,

Artie

Archived