BKK-Angor Wat over land w/photos

Old Hippie

great report OH.

hotel looks nice do you happen to have any photo of the rooms or a better description or even an URL?

I travelled with my TGF same route & mode of transport & had no incidents of additional bribes at the border except for the usd20=1000thb++ scam!!

paid 50bt for the tuktuk both ways, but almost more for the much shorter ride into aran hotel from bus station!

wish we had managed to find the isaan suki & somtam as you described as our oppinion was that siam riep food was way below thai(i.e. mostly uninspiring lack of taste for us chili lovers) particularly at the temples :(

keep it up :up:

Thanks! :) Two Dragons Guest House URL is http://talesofasia.com/cambodia-twodragons.htm Sorry I don't have pics of the rooms, but they were clean and adequate. Mine didn't have a tv, but had air. I don't think any have refrigerators, but could be wrong. One of the pictures in my report has a copy of cards for drivers, and the restaurant serving the volcaneo meat, if you can't enlarge it yourself, I'll be happy to suppy the info.

Yeah, basically, this guest house will get you a better deal, and the guides like it because they work more, and keep the money, so do the drivers, and you get a better price, good for all. The Guest house doesn't get any cut according to the guides and drivers, so a really good deal.

Glad to be of service! Let me know if you have any other questions, I'll be happy to make up an answer :) Seriously, the trip is relatively easy, so no real need for concern. Going over land is a lot cheaper and you get to see a lot more of the scenery, I prefer it myself.

• 1 month later...

Archived