Golf and Sanuk

Pangit

I wasn't sure where to post this query.

For the last 3 years a group of us who live and work in the Middle East have been going to Pattaya for a week's golf and sanuk.

We are curretly discussing next year's trip and are looking at options for changing the venue to Phuket/Hua Hin or even somewhere else in SE Asia.

Any advice or recommendations would be welcome.

Hua Hin does have some very good golf. Quite a bit more exprnsive than Pattaya if you have the Pattaya Sports Club card but still very good. As far as the Sanuk, it is about 5% of Pattaya. There is nowhere in the world with the golf/ sanuk combo that Pattaya ofers. I am going to try Buenos Aires this Dec and will report.

Phuket would be a good alternative, at least for a few days, though it is more expensive than Pattaya or Hua Hin.

Hua Hin has 3 or 4 nice courses, but not much in the way of nightlife (next to nothing in comparison to Pattaya).

In Phuket, I highly recomment Loch Palm GC, which is also the closest course to Patong (Patong, and in particular Bangla Rd, is where you want to be for nightlife). Blue Canyon Lakes would be my 2nd choice. Blue Canyon Canyon course is often considered the top course in Thailand, but it is over-rated, a bit 'tricked up', and over-priced in my opinion. Phuket CC is also good, but very tough and tricked up for someone not familiar with the course. There is a new course called Mission Hills which was designed by Jack Nicklaus and is supposed to be very good, though I haven't played there yet. Banyan Tree is OK, but overpriced.

I also suggest a few nights and days in BKK, if you haven't done that. Getting to and from the courses though is a time consuming hassle, but its a fun diversion for a few days.

Hua Hin has hardly any serious Sanuk, I go there with the Farang Missus, and to PTY when travelling with (or without) friends. Greenfee are higher then PTY

HKT has some serious Sanuk as well Greenfees range 2500-3500bt

l

Samui has one great course 3500bt

but if you are a serious Golfer it will either be Hua Hin or PTY

the sanuklevel is the highest in PTY

According to a friend of mine Argetina has some great Golf and some good clubs as well, But be honest

Goldf is a Men sports, therefor there are so many great courses around PTY. Just because of the abundance of Men and the abundance of men is due to the high levels of sanuk

therefore I think the Sanuk*Golf*Value4price level is the highest in PTY world wide...

reg

BJ (hcp 10)

• 1 month later...

In school.

So, what's your point? Does Samui have or not have a green?

In case you haven't noticed, a big group of posters are non native English speakers on this board. AFAIK we're here to share information, what I'm intending to do, if you wanna teach us English, why don't you go and :censored: yourself or go visit a site that is friggin English speakers only.

Have of the English on this board write worse English than me.

Yeah, it has 18 of them, which is commonly known as a golf course. Do you really think that the statement "Samui has great golf green" is a good example of sharing information? Pangit was asking for advice on places to go for a week's golf and sanuk and you come up with a 5 word dyslexic statement about a place that has only got one course. Hardly a great recommendation for someone who has a week to play and would likely want to play a few different courses. As you obviously can write in English why don't you use it?

Pangit said:

I wasn't sure where to post this query.

For the last 3 years a group of us who live and work in the Middle East have been going to Pattaya for a week's golf and sanuk.

We are curretly discussing next year's trip and are looking at options for changing the venue to Phuket/Hua Hin or even somewhere else in SE Asia.

Any advice or recommendations would be welcome.

You could think about Batam or Bintan (Indonesia), short ferry ride from Singapore. Probably the most convenient golf and sanuk combination I have ever found... Right next to shower in the club house.

Besides day trips from Singapore have stayed at

Palm Springs Golf Resort a couple times.

I have to admit its been 4 years since I went, so it may have changed ::

TH

Archived