Yanhee Hospital

liquidflux

Despite the assurance from my Thai girl friends that I was already too handsome, I had some work done at Yanhee on my most recent trip. The first step inside can be a bit intimidating, but being the token farang will get you some quick help and attention. I had a friend along so there wouldn't be any communcation problems, but the doctor and nurses I dealt with initally and on my 2 subsequent visits all spoke fairly good english. If you're not sure what you want done, there's before and after pictures everywhere, in binders at the reception, on the walls, in brochures, it's pretty funny. Everything looked to be modern, clean and well organized. Lots of eye candy to keep you entertained while you wait around. Quite a few other farangs and non-thais were there too. I had a pretty simple outpatient procedure that only lasted a few hours, but I've heard the longer term care/service is good. I'd barely come around after the surgery and they had me in a wheelchair and carted outside to catch a taxi. The aftercare was pretty much non existant, but other than that I have no real complaints. I was a bit hesitant about having it done in Thailand, but the results turned out well and saved me about $1500-2000 over having it done at home. Did I mention many of the staff in this place are HOT?!? Almost wish they'd scheduled me to come in more often. Got chatted up by a nurse on the elevator ride up to my final appointment, and hit on by a pro who'd just had her tits done on my way out. Gotta love Thailand!

I did compare all the hospitals you mentioned and Yanhee was middle ground in terms of price, with Bumrungrad not suprisingly being the most expensive and BKK General being the least. I was actually charged less then what was originally quoted after visiting with the doctor and fully explaining what I wanted done.

The location is a bit remote, being on the Thonburi side of the river, but the drive wasn't bad. My appointments were all in the 9-10am range and it was about a 30min taxi ride from Ploenchit.

Archived