Car Insurance in the 'Kok

the_numbers

Shygye:

Point taken, but does tax on an imported car by customs have a direction relationship to insurance once its purchased and over 30 years old?

Furthermore, on old cars it wouldn't be the same - taxes that is :dunno: based on engine sized vs. today [i could be wrong].

Anyone have an older or vintage car insured here? :help:

Either way complaints aside I'm gonna be looking for the best individual policy it seems for the car, which will no doubt have to be taken out with specific consideration to my vehicle given that replacement parts on old European cars are in short supply and expensive over here - were anything to happen to the car.

I think the Customs Department has revised its taxes on automobiles anyway in the last 30-40 years to consider fluctuations in the auto industry. I don't have the info in front of me though. Determining what's a luxury car and what a fast engine is has certainly changed over the years.

You know what I mean right shygye?

Insurance companies consider down to whether a car has airbags or not when giving their rates. Why can't they do as thorough a job on considering engine size? I mean alot of cc's does not mean I am driving around in a rocket sportscar. I mean I'm not buying a Mazda RX-7 rather a vintage coupe.

From a simple physics standpoint not an insurance bottom line - buying a 60's sedan with a heavy breathing V-8 or whatever is not going to get you anywhere any faster[especially in terms of acceleration] than a new Volvo with a four cylinder engine :doah:

cheers,

the_numbers

Archived