Think too much

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"You think too much" stands IMO for several meanings when bargirls use it:

On my last trip I was in bed (I was ill) and my girl had her hand on my chest; she felt my heart and said "you think too much". In this situation she meant to say: you worry too much and that's not good for your fhysical health.

On another occasion a girl used these words when I was asking questions about her boyfriends. In that case the "you think too much" meant : what business is that of yours.

Another phrase bargirls use often in all kind of situations, especially when you complain about something is "What can I do?".

I think the frequent use of the words "too much" in almost every sentence is typical bargirltalk. At least, I noticed that the regular girls I spoke with didn't use it "too much".

• 2 weeks later...

My favorite response to this is "Chai, kit mak mai dee, teh mai kit loy mai dee gwah" which means "Yes, thinking too much is no good, but not thinking at all is worse" smile.gif" border="0

quote:

Originally posted by steffi:

Unfortunately my TG say this all the time but she's not from the BG scene at all.

• 4 weeks later...

I was told that this morning.

She asked me why I don't hang around?

I told her that I didnt like her friends.I observed something that could be deemed as life threatening (I'm not going into details).

"You think too much" was the reply.

Us poor Farangs only get to have one life (it's not fair).

Why wasn't I born khon thai?

That way I could live fifteen times over. frown.gif" border="0

Anyone notice how a woman will say

phood marg (talk a lot), nah gleead (should hate, ugly), bai lery (go!, piss off) and kid marg gern bai (think too much) to a man but, if the man was to say it back then he would be a bastard.

I say if you have a woman that is pulling this crap on you then you should say it as much as she does. Then she'll see just how much ter phood dorlah jing (she speaks a lot of bullshit), something that some girls with continuous verbal attacks need to realize.

Careful she doesn't have a gun.

shocked.gif" border="0

[ September 13, 2001: Message edited by: mushroom ]

• 4 weeks later...

Mush-

POOD(f) MAK(f) and PAI LOEI are Thai insults 99% of the time unless said in jest among close friends. NAH(f) GLIAT(l) means "hateful" or "ugly", and is also used occasionally in jest. KIT(h) MAK(f) KERN PAI is the only one which is not generally an insult, and can mean many different things such as "Lighten up", "Don't take things so seriously", "You worry too much", etc.

Thais also say 'khit maak' when you are lost in your own thoughts.

I used to work with a guy who had a masters in philosophy and his Thai wife would often say "Alex - you khit maak"

He hated that. "It's because I've got a masters in philosophy you stupid prat" he would snap.

Its ok for them to think too much.

You ask why, you will get some sad story.

Not good for you to think to much

( according to them)

You may just realize you are not having as much fun at you think.

(( or figure out you could be having more fun with someone else))

smile.gif" border="0

quote:

Originally posted by nepfan:

Uhhhhhh, only your friends will tell you this..... but Keet Mahck does indeed mean think too much. Which is sort of not a compliment because the Thai way is never to take things so serious that you must Keet Mahk. Mai Pen Rai, sanuk and all that. I guess a better, less literal, translation would be "Lighten up"

I know because they are always telling me I keet Mahk.

Kun Mai khao chai: Pom raak kit maak! That's what i tell them and i add in english when they get on my nerves: and if you were thinking a little bit more yourself, maybe you would not be in the shit you are today! Ahaha!

Lighten up: do i gather then that Thaksin and Purachai kit maak maak? Too much time spent in US colleges, no doubt!!!!

Archived