Think too much

While talking to a bar owner in Cha-am recently I asked what had happened to the owner of a nearby bar who I chatted to in the past.

"He's dead"

"Oh dear. What did he die of?"

"He think too much"

"But what did he actually die of?"

"Think too much"

I knew he didn't get on with his fellow bar owners (he'd described them to me as 'total assholes') so I wonder if it meant they whacked him, or something like that. I can't imagine someone could actually die of thinking too much...not even in Thailand.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

quote:

Originally posted by Snake Head:

I wonder if it meant they whacked him, or something like that. I can't imagine someone could actually die of thinking too much...not even in Thailand.

I don't think so. probably killed himself. i have something related to that. Of course, most of my G/Fs would say the KM thing, but one upped it with: KM, someday you die!.. It's as bad as it gets. thinking is one of the worse activities in LOS, probably more criminal than murder, Ahah. Another one used to call me "small elephant" everytime i was lost in my thoughts. She just thought that I had this world-weary look as elephants do sometimes. Plus the weight of the thoughts too, i suppose. Funny all the little things that remind you of a girl and not another. i hope she is well, at this very moment when i remember her words.

[ October 09, 2001: Message edited by: pattaya127 ]

Originally posted by Snake Head:

"I can't imagine someone could actually die of thinking too much...not even in Thailand."

It shouldn't be translated literally as "thinking" in this case. It's rather like saying,"he worried himself into his grave". Unhappiness does kill.

[ October 09, 2001: Message edited by: Scum_Baggio ]

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by mushroom:

[QB]Anyone notice how a woman will say

phood marg (talk a lot), nah gleead (should hate, ugly), bai lery (go!, piss off) and kid marg gern bai (think too much) to a man but, if the man was to say it back then he would be a bastard.

I say if you have a woman that is pulling this crap on you then you should say it as much as she does. Then she'll see just how much ter phood dorlah jing (she speaks a lot of bullshit), something that some girls with continuous verbal attacks need to realize.

Yo Mushroom -

Here's a lesson I learned from my Thai buds - You have to allow a Thai woman to spout off because of the fact she is a woman. Simple as that. If you don't like hearing the crap, walk away. If at all possible don't act all western, getting back in her face, trying to out talk her. You'll never win, dog, even if you think you've won.

One time at our temple, this one guy, Thai guy, got into it with a Thai woman. Huge, loud argument. Embarrassed us all. Strange thing (to me, since I'm American) after it all died down, most of the sympathy was with the woman, and it was the behaviour of the guy that was disapproved of, regardless of who was right.

Anyway, ever since I adopted this "no arguing with females" attitude I have much better interactions with them. Hey, whatever works, right?

Also, think about what the Dharma teaches us. People that say bad shit about you, or that are just bad for you in general, you just stay the hell away from them. Works for me.

Archived