An open Letter

I'm confused! Several days ago I requested a catagory devoted to the present situation of Thai government suppresion of the present nightlife in BKK. I felt that due to the severity of the the present situation, this may be waranted. I was informed by head honcho that this was a temporary situation that did not warrant separate cat. Fine. I have no problem in accepting that. Two days later I read a poster requesting a cat to sell his used furniture, and there it is, two days later. Is this not a Thai sanuk board? The biggest overhaul of the present sex trade in Thailand does not warrant its own catagory, but if I want to sell my sofa, no problem???....Again, I'm very confused. Flame as you will, but I look to this baord to disiminate between fact and fiction in the sanuk world. If I want to buy a vcr, there are more attractive sites than this. What are you thinking??? Sorry...but this is nuts.

Actually as I am expectant of becoming a resident

someday in LOS ( for a year or maybe 2).

The chance to buy a few second hand pieces of

furniture from a fellow sanuker sounds great.

Might get a good deal before the locals stamp an

extra %25 onto it.

I feel strongly about the situation myself. But as

of yet they havent done more then moving the closing time a little. And with the type of article that

was in the nation I can't see that lasting longer than

the next election.

Hey you guys need to relax over this

so called clamp down.This type of thing goes on every few years.Ive seen quite a few over the last 15 yrs or so. Relax every thing will be back to normal soon. There have been worse clamp downs than this in the past.

smile.gif" border="0

Absolutely right, Khun Sanuk. How many threads would be in that category? One or two, and they could be dealt with in the general or nightlife sections.

And this comes from a guy who criticised you for stopping the Clinton Plaza shutdown thread, although I stand by the view you were wrong to do so. wink.gif" border="0

quote:

Originally posted by noo6:

Hey you guys need to relax over this

so called clamp down.This type of thing goes on every few years.Ive seen quite a few over the last 15 yrs or so. Relax every thing will be back to normal soon. There have been worse clamp downs than this in the past.

smile.gif" border="0

Not tied to political upheavals/coup attempts? Maybe, tell us

quote:

Originally posted by noo6:

This type of thing goes on every few years

Was chatting to a neighbour of mine, a dedicated sanuker (trust me, there is no other way to describe this guy) who has lived here for 20 years and his only great pleasure in life is sanuking. He was saying that he hasn't seen the likes of this ever. There has never been such a moral crusade carried out on the bars and nightscene, never been such strict and regular shutdowns of bars that has come from any higher than the local police district and never been so much heat on farang involvement in the scene.

I don't know if this has been mentioned at all, but about a week ago there was a gathering of farang and arabs around 4.30am in the morning at soi 13 tables (a usual type of gathering here). The police had arrived and for those who didn't see it coming were whisked away in the van (mostly arabs) to be processed down at the station. Now.....when has this type of thing happened before in the past?

what about when Baanhans son was in trouble

at that nightclub in soi 26

werent all clubs closing at midnight

for a couple of months ? and, wasnt he saying at the time, that from that point on the law would be strictly followed and bars and nightclubs would close at 1200 ?

slowly over a period of time things got back to normal From memory it took quite a few months as the police gradually relaxed the

law. What year was that I cant remember 93?

94?

Archived