Asian Flu outbreak 'imminent'

BuffHello

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you are right (do you know how much that hurts me to say that?)

as i said in an earlier post a vaccine has to have some of the disease in it so that your immune system can discover it and then find it's own way to deal with it.

that might take 1-2 Years and in that time you will be laid low before your system finally takes over and hopefully takes control.

but the annoying thing about bird flu is the UK Governments attitude.

they like to tell us that they have 50,000 doses to protect us and that is nothing.

we are a Nation of 60 odd Million and who gets the vaccinations?.

the old and young need it more than me but we know that the Politicians Families and Friends will get it first and the People who need it most will be forgotten.

and then we might see a Government Spokesman wringing his hands on TV saying that the Government done all they could have done...........

I'm like Mr Health Advocacy in my real-life incarnation, but my bullshit detector is ringing loud and clear with this bird flu stuff. Maybe the vaccine makers are pushing for a panic. Always seems to be something that you're not expecting is what strikes, never something being watched so closely.

Read agood article by a medical historian recently detailing why the 1918 epidemic could not be repeated at this time because the exact and unique conditions in place from World War I were not replicated. Can't find it now.

WASHINGTON ? President Bush said yesterday that he is considering the use of military troops to impose a quarantine in the event of a deadly flu pandemic........

"Bush left no doubt that he takes the threat seriously.

"I am concerned about avian flu. ... I've thought through all the scenarios of what an avian-flu outbreak could mean," Bush said. "I'm not predicting an outbreak. I'm just suggesting to you that we'd better be thinking about it."

URL

Big_Kahuna said:

I'm still waiting for AIDS to wipe out the human race. That's what they said would happen. Guess it's just taking a wee bit longer than they thought.

Who said so???

I happened to chat with the guy in charge of AIDS at WHO (he died in that SWISS plane crash out of NY I think and got fired by WHO because they did not like what he was saying, I forgot his name)

Anyway, he told me it was stupid to lock doors and stay inside walls thinking that would protect you. Once a pandemy occurs there is no hiding and it would be less risky to embrace the illness than hide for it. His message was "go out and face the pandemy"

Whilst everyone was stigmatising drug addicts, gays etc and trying to identify other "risk groups" I took a HIV pos girl in my home and learned to live with it. I felt a lot better than all the idiots who talk and know nothing.

That man never said AIDS would wipe out humanity, they did not know the mortality rate for sure (it was early days), but he was worried for mutations of the virus.

Archived