Briton robbed on Soi 6.

chuckwoww

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know there are two streets called Soi 6...there is the main street with the bars and a dark, parallel back street 15 meters away. I was thinking the Brit might have been in the dark one. I don't walk in that one after dark. I only occassionally walk through the main Soi 6 just to have a look around - it's something to see.

I am guessing, although he didn't say, that chuckwoww was approached on the main Soi 5?

Zane May

Flashermac said:

Carry your own can of mace? Can buy here. My friend he say me where ...

I don't know. All these situations are different. I really don't think it's a good idea for an old(er) falang on his own to get confrontational. These guys aren't usually alone and they carry knives.

The guy who suggested carrying guns hasn't thought it through.

It was Soi 9 and Second Road where the mace thing happened to me. About 8 p.m. with people around and I was on my own. I guess they were counting on me being shocked and just handing over the money. They didn't reckon with a quick thinking battle-hardened Pattaya veteran.

And I doubt if the same guys would pick on a group of Millwall fans. :)

In Florida,when the new law "QUIETLY" was passed, groups at Miami and Orlando airports passed out handbills telling tourist not to confront locals. It just made legal what everyone was doing, carrying Guns because the law wouldn't or couldn't protect us.

packy said:

In Florida,when the new law "QUIETLY" was passed, groups at Miami and Orlando airports passed out handbills telling tourist not to confront locals. It just made legal what everyone was doing, carrying Guns because the law wouldn't or couldn't protect us.

I'm not sure how Florida gun laws relate to an old farang getting mugged on Soi 6 Pattaya. Let's say he had been carrying a gun and he shot one or two of the muggers.....I think it would cost him a lot more than 7000baht to prove they were out to rob him. Might make an interesting court case though.

OK lets assume you were packing heat at the time (because you are a card carrying mafioso we all know it ::).

You still should have done exactly the same thing. Duck into the nearby building and no one gets hurt and most importantly YOU don't get hurt :up:. Problem solved by an intelligent farang (who happens to be armed) without violence.

But what if you were on soi 6 late at night and are attacked by the machete brigade?? You shoot them for sure wouldn't you? You would not think "I better not use my gun i might get in trouble" as they were hacking you to pieces like the guy chopping up clonel kurtz in Apocalypse Now. Right?

The police taking action against you afterward is a good thing because it means you survived. If you were not armed you would be in the police morgue (if they have one).

Who knows, maybe after you shot them you could walk away get on a baht bus into the dark pattaya night and no one would know who rid PTY of the machete guys. Happy ending (for you, not them). The point is that being armed means you have a chance at surviving if you were to encounter a serious problem. Not only that, but if word got around maybe the idiots robbing old farang would think twice about it since he could be armed.

Well thats the reasoning we have here in the USA for being armed. At least half of americans don't agree and say there is no right to be armed. :( Its always a good debate amongst us yanks.

Archived