Briton robbed on Soi 6.

chuckwoww

I think if I lived in Florida or most other places in the States I would have a gun in my house and maybe in my car. Not because I like the idea but because so many jerks have guns there. It makes everybody paranoid. Fortunately most of the shooting is jerks shooting other jerks. I'd like to see some statistics showing how many home intrusions have been averted by armed residents.

In Thailand I think a gun would be a handicap assuming you can get one into the country. Can you seriously imagine having one on you in the bars and go-gos? Would it help to brandish it at a bunch of katois on Beach Road if they start grabbing at you? Wouldn't that just be turning a harmless nuisance into a life-threatening situation? Deterrent? More likely you'd start seeing metal detectors in hotel lobbies. And as for explaining it all to the cops....forget it. Big hassle.

I don't know the details of what happened to the old guy on Soi 6. Maybe a gun would have helped him, maybe not.

I do know Pattaya is a dangerous place for old falang on their own but carrying a gun? No thanks. :)

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course it is the same....and a robbery can occur anywhere. Yet if one is aware that katoeys are often the culprits in certain areas, you would be far more cautious when they are around rather than a few 'straight' men. Hence specifying whom to be aware of is more informative than just indicating some man/men robbed someone....

liquidflux said:
LukDod said:

I doubt the Brit was robbed by 'three men'...far more likely it was katoeys.

[/b]

Wouldn't that be one in the same?

if they are carrying a machete then thats a biut different you could get seriously mutilated. give then the money and dont go get yourself a beer and a chick and forget all about it.

otherwise before turn so you are standing sideways and then act like you are getting your wallet out of your pocket but instead swiftly elbow one of them right in the face. there nose will break, eyes wont stop watering and itll hurt like hell.

be aggressive back, thais are pussies. they are picking on you cause they think you are a soft target. you have to change that perception by convincing them you are more trouble than its worth.

if you are really that decrepid then you need to find yourself somewhere less risky to hang out!!!

"Let me know when you are going to do this so I can come and watch ... "

Me too.

Emmitt, what you don't realise is that 15 muscly little Thai guys would appear out of nowhere and seriously deal to you.

IMHO there are only two options, run away, or pay.

Cheers

Coss

Guest lazyphil

I saw two Thai guys in a busy farang pub (in UK) toilet beat the shit out of an english guy (mate looking on wetting himself!) then walk out into a pub full of farang like nothing had happened followed by a very very bloodied bloke, certainly not pussys, hard little fuckers!

Florida is not a bad place unless you get to an area like Miami or Orlando and only then if you are looking in the wrong part of town. Texas is the place I always feared for my life, but I packed one of my own then. Don't do that anymore, sold or gave all of them away. If you pull a gun, be prepared to use it or be prepared to EAT it. Give them what they want, it can be replaced, but you have only one life.

Archived