the new airport !!!!!!!!!

keith doug

hi was reading the new airport will be open by oct 2006 next year...

now ,, if you go to dunmung bangkok airport now... :: a taxi along the highway in 20 mins,,, go hotel and out in a hour!!

BUT!! I READ.. the new airport is miles away,,,, has any one any idea of what will happen trying to get to bangkok !!! without being stuck in a traffic jam i read its near pattaya or am i totally wrong !!

The new airport is not exactly near Pattaya, but it's quite a way east of Sukhumvit area (Sukhumvit soi 77 leads to it) so should be a lot quicker to go to Pattaya than from Don Muang.

It's a bit further away from the lower sois of Sukhumvit than Don Muang, but there is east-west motorway right north of Petchaburi and leading directly to the airport, so I think that will be the route taken.

www.suvarnabhumiairport.com claims it should take 35-40 min to the city centre, but what exactly is the city centre in Bangkok?

Hi!

Yes you are wrong. The new airport is on the other side of BKK and maybe a little farther out than Don Muang. It is directly connected to the new motorway between Chon Buri and BKK so the trip to BKK should not take much longer. For us that often go directly to Pattaya it is of course a major improvement.

regards

ALHOLK

P.S. You can see the control tower from both the motor way and the Bang Na - Chon Buri elevetad highway.

The latest estimates in the local papers for the road and rail links being opened are one year after the airport opens.....so I reckon sometime in 2008.!!!

uniformguy

"just under 40 km from nana. With many of the roads/ rail links not hooked up yet it will be nasty for a few years."

????

From Nana to the new airport is quicker than from Nana to Don Muang, NOW. Not sure where you are getting this from but I drive it frequently and it is not bad at all (but more expensive than the current Nana to Don Muang on the tollway (65 baht compared to 60 baht presently for Don Muang) if you go Rama 9 Expressway, but only 40 if you go the Bangna-Trad way without using the second elevated expressway).

Cheers!

Archived