the new airport !!!!!!!!!

keith doug

agree with Pom Michael. distance and time wise it is pretty much the same from lower Sukhumvit. once you are on the expressway, around 20 minutes. you need to take the elevated Rama IX expressway and then (after the flyover over Srinakarin road) a short part of the Bangkok-Chonburi Motorway.

Samak,

IF the Intended route was to Use the BKK-Chonburi Motorway that is ... even then getting from Lower Suk to Srinakarin is a haul, trust me I used to live out at Pattanakarn 54.

From what I have seen, in latest edition of Road Maps and from seeing signposts, the intended route downtown is South on the Outer Ring Road to Bangna-Trat highway then in on the elevated expressway past the port to Rama IV.

That Road is a nightmare as it is, every friday evening I am hitting the Bangna Tollbooth at around 6:15-6:30 and getting to the expressway tollbooth within 5 mins after that. The last 10KM to where I live (near Rama III Exit) can take anywhere between 30 mins to 1 hour, and the traffic gets light going towards Rama III and not Rama IV.

I for one am not looking forward to "The Swamp" opening, there is already an unwritten agreement between all Members of my family here "No More Dropping off or Picking up from the Airport when it opens"

Mekong said:

IF the Intended route was to Use the BKK-Chonburi Motorway that is ... even then getting from Lower Suk to Srinakarin is a haul, trust me I used to live out at Pattanakarn 54.

From what I have seen, in latest edition of Road Maps and from seeing signposts, the intended route downtown is South on the Outer Ring Road to Bangna-Trat highway then in on the elevated expressway past the port to Rama IV.

Mekong

i think you are slightly misleaded! AGAIN! from lower Suk take the expressway entrance opposite Soi Zero in direction to Din Daeng; then at the huge Makkasan Expressway intersection drive towards Rama IX, a relatively new (probably built after you moved away from Phattanakarn) elevated expressway all over Rama IX and from the entrance (if there is no jam) you are in less than 10 minutes over Srinakarin road into Bangkok Chonburi Motorway).

nobody would go through Bangna Trat highway from lower Suk as

- entrance to expressway in lower Suk is only North bound, you would have to go to either Rama IV, Klongtoey, Asoke Rachada entrance instead

- Bangna-Trat is a nightmare (you are right on this one)

- airport is between Bangkok-Chonburi Motorway and Bangna-Trat-Chonburi Expressway but much closer to the former one!

Archived