Amsterdam

Pat_from_Jersey

I am looking forward to my trip to AMS in Feburary 2006. Wondering if anyone who either lives there or have visited there can give me some tour tips? Red light district? day-trips. I only have 3 full days/nights to spend and would really like to get a feel for the culture (with only 3 days). any advice is appreciated. thanks. -Pat

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where to begin in A*dam?

The red light district is coming from the railway station at left side, walk over the first bridge coming from the Central railway station, walk past the canal boats and take a left before the Beurs (big borwn building). Follow that street and you'll hit the red light district.

What culture would you like to experience in 3 days? There'a loads of good museums in town; Van Gogh, Rijksmuseum with lots of Rembrandt's, Stedelijk with modern art, sex museum, cannibis museum (last two both along the canals of the red light disctrict), coffee shops where you can get stoned out of your brain very cheaply, get a tatto at Hanky Panky, visit Paradiso or Melkweg for a good live music show, there's loads of Thai restaurants in A*dam, expensive brothel Yab Yum, the list goes on, visit the Heineken brewery.

This is just the tip of the iceberg.

In 3 days you should not have a single boring nanosecond.

Have fun.

• 2 weeks later...

A trip to Amsterdam is not complete without doing some window shopping. When I was there in the late 90s with the guilder, the blonde Dutch women would charge double of what everyone else charged. They definitely thought their shit didn't stink. Since the transition to the Euro, I heard prices have doubled in the RLD. Definitely take a boat tour through the canals.

a lot good info Pat.

Amsterdam is a great place to visit with a lot to do.

have not been for around 4 Years but the prices for the Girls were 50 Euro's.

plenty of Thai Girls were around and i found them willing to do more than than the Europeans and sometimes cheaper.

had a Brazilian Girl and she had the most awesome body i have ever seen....................

Anne Franks House is a must,not that i have ever been in it.

everytime i have visited the queues have been so long i gave up.

as Limbo said some great Museums to pass away the time.

very relaxed City and a great place to pass the time.

just watch out for the crazy Dutch on their bikes,they don't give a fuck where they cycle or run into.........

every Girl will comply with a HJ/BJ (covered BJ's) but not cheap if that's all you want.

a lot of the small dark alleyways have signs advertising Thai Massage but i think you will be disappointed.

Amsterdam is expensive compared to Asia and if you want the massage or soapie then expext to pay the same for i massage with services as 2-3 Girls in the windows.......

Archived