Can I get a little help with accomidations?

SiamIAm

I generally stay at the Grand President while in BBK. Due to the high prices (2,100 BHT WTF!), I tried the Stable Lodge and was unimpressed. I was wondering if anyone knew of a hotel comparable (i.e. pool, cleanliness, good a/c, not rundown, guest friendly, ect...) to the GP in or around Suk. I have a "Hi-So" Thai friend who is visiting me who is close to my Thai girlfriend who will be back in the US during my visit, so proximity to the local night spots is important. The location has to be within walking distance but not so close at to be obvious (a la Majestic) of the nightlife that goes on around there (or at least to have plausible deniability). I've been considering the President Park or the Grand business Inn, but the latter has no pool and I haven’t stayed at either location. I know I'm being a bit specific here but any recommendations are appreciated.

Thanks,

Siam

Do a search on the fortuna. Its a smaller place but has a pool and definitely you can walk to all night life spots on lower suk (might want to ride to soi cowboy tho). Rooms not as nice as the GP but their OK. The bathrooms are top notch. Its better than stable lodge.

BUT... if your hi so friend of GF is going to be around late at night, this is not the place as their is a high number of cooks and freaks and hot girls around soi 5. Now that i think about it there are girls on the game around there (not around the hotel but not far from it) almost all the time.

If it were me and i had the GF's spy watching me i would not stay on lower suk. Stay at a hotel like the Asia and take the sky train or taxi to lower suk and use a ST hotel.

Thanks for the response. I think I'm going to try the President Park. With the TSM discount (20%) the price for a 48sqm "deluxe" studio is about 2K, comparable to GP. The difference (I hope) is that you get a better, larger room, and better amenities and no walk of shame as there is a service entrance. I don't mind paying a higher price for and extra star, it's just the GP is not worth the price. It's a long walk but close to the BTS, so theirs always that or a taxi meter...And of course it’s just far enough away as not to arouse suspicions...

I'll post more once I get back.

Archived