Immunizations, japanese hepatitis

jasmine

Hi,

I really appreciate the information.

In the USA, shots/immunization for travelers are considerred luxery.

It used to be that we can use the military hospitals for Hubby is a retired AF man, however, with the budget (to help Iraq), the retirees are no longer important.

Most shots cost at least $80 which can be very substantial.

Thanks again.

Jasmine

I have started the series twice, but due to my travel schedule have never been able to complete it. I have lived in the red area of the map for several years now with no problem. As a precaution, when upcountry I use a strong mosquito repellent in the early evening as I remember reading that the virus carrying mosquito feed at that time.

I would not recommend spending the money to get the shots.

TH

1st Time i ever visited Thailand i had all the recommended shots and the Thyphoid one was a killer,laid me flat out for 2 Days.

seems that Males have a problem with it whereas Females seem OK.

never had another shot even though they had run out by the time of my last visit,couldn't be bothered to go through the hassle.

all my shots in the UK were free BTW.

never caught anything but having to run to the Toilet every 20 Minutes for a couple of Days.

[color:"blue"] never had another shot even though they had run out by the time of my last visit,couldn't be bothered to go through the hassle.

all my shots in the UK were free BTW.

never caught anything but having to run to the Toilet every 20 Minutes for a couple of Days.

[/color]

I was told by a doctor once that the people with the origine of Asian can be infected easier than others. I have to watch about food a lot. I was told that being out of Thailand for a long time like me (left Thailand the 1st time when I was 16), the body and immune systems changed and I can be more likely to get infected with certain things that a normal Thai or a farang are unlikely to get. ::

I don't really know, I search for this shot because it is recommended highly for people who stay in Thailand more than 3 weeks.

A poster asked about how much the shots costs in Thailand, I have no idea!

Jasmine

Archived