watching on helplessly

camerashy

make it 5-day plan! :(

I actualy think many, having slid, do not crash, while not having saved much, in any case. At some point, Pattaya experience, they shape up, and believe me, there is always a guy to meet.

It is true that the data on Bgs/FLs after the Life, is a bit missing, but facade is so important in thailand that the type of down and out losers in LOS is a very specific one, you have to lose yourself on top of everything, and I think that's where it's a bit different from our neck of the wood.

A great topic.

will catch up later, I am on my way to meet the pale rider, that's you!, we're going to do some vague flirting around pier 23, watching the "blue angels" planes showing us how SF will be defended in case of attack from the evil muslim empire!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree with a lot of posts, people not used to handling money piss it away and crash and burn. However, can remember when I did the same thing in college.

I have known several BG's that started young, same as girl you mentioned, pissed away 10's of thousand of baht those first few years, and straightened up as they got older (older being 24 or 25) and realized they only had a limited earning lifetime. One girl I knew in SC, worked out of Cowboy One, one of the sh*ttier places in SC, had quite a few benefactors, but mostly pissed the money away for a few years. Then she grew up, straightened out, whatever you want to call it, started saving like mad and even put her sister through the university so that she would not get into the business. Eventually, bought a home back in Issan, and was quitting the business, and as luck would have it met a good fellow and got married. The last was icing on the cake, as she had already identified business opportunities back in Issan to invest in. I would like to think it happened because of her atttitude because it was soberingly refreshing. When we went out she would expound about her future plans and what and how much she need to get there and even ask advice. One of the few BG's who did look to the future.

As for you friend, hopefully she is going through that "party time" that we all experienced and will recognize that she needs to have a future and will not be beautiful and pretty all her life. Unfortunately most never see that message coming until too late. But then again she is young and if she is as attractive as you say she can probably get a farang sponsor for a while if she doesn't become a drunk or addict.

I think we often forget these girls are young, often uneducated and quite immature so their behaviour is not surprising.

Then again my brother is 35, eductaed and mature and he pisses his money away too so there you go!!!

So many girls from Isaan just don't have any idea how to conduct themselves in public let alone in their private matters. :banghead:

Plenty of weterners suffer from the same affliction when it comes to wasting money.

Come to think of it if i had just saved all the money i have spent in Thailand over 25 years of holidays and maybe 70 to 80 flights i would be very wealthy indeed.

I hope you guys suggesting she will eventually come to her senses are correct. Our mutual friend first pointed out to me about how frustrated she was becoming with Tip's spending habits, and her increasing drinking. I was tempted to try to talk to her, but thought better of it. Why should she listen to me? Our friend, being much more mature, is quite responsible with her money. She already has a new concrete block house in Issan, land for rice, car, furniture etc, and a very healthy bank balance to boot. My contributions have never exceeded the normal LT rate.

It makes you wonder why some enterprising financial institution doesn't target BG's with some specific financial savings packages. I'm probably just pissing into the wind here, but imagine a BG friendly savings bank, actively targeting these girls by making afternoon visits to their bars etc, and pushing savings plans to them eg time deposits as suggested (sarcastically I believe) by rickfarang. After all, these girls are turning over considerable amounts of money, and there are lots of them, so why not?

It makes you wonder why some enterprising financial institution doesn't target BG's with some specific financial savings packages. I'm probably just pissing into the wind here, but imagine a BG friendly savings bank, actively targeting these girls by making afternoon visits to their bars etc, and pushing savings plans to them eg time deposits as suggested (sarcastically I believe) by rickfarang. After all, these girls are turning over considerable amounts of money, and there are lots of them, so why not?

Simply because to do this would mean admitting it exists. The neon and the old farangs with 18 yo girls does not shine a glowing light on it all. But a savings bank to help them... Well thats just not possible because that would simply mean Thailand has finally admitted the prostitution scene is alive and well. This Thailand cannot have... Major loss of face...

Oneye

So many girls from Isaan just don't have any idea how to conduct themselves in public

----------------------------------

what do you mean by that?

WITTLEUS:

nfortunately most never see that message coming until too late

----------------------------------

here too, what are the experiences encountered that would have us say that?

It may be harder in 10 years to live off nothing back in the village, or mamassaning in the nightlife, but my guess until now, if a girl ended up with as much as she started with, meaning nothing, it's not a matter of unfortunate lateness, but business as usual.

No money, life goes on. And as many have correctly said over the years, there is plenty of alternatives to making a minimum living wage, out of the sex work scene. Plus the "kids help old parents" syndrom. A little bit here, a little bit there, Pretty much the same life they'd have had, if they never left the village. IMO, of course.

Do you really expect anything different?

If she did show any propensity of money management, thinking of the future, etc she would be an exception with the girls that find their way to the bar scene.

Remember, the girls that end up in the bar is not a random sampling of poor isaan girls where this percentage goes to factories, this % to vocational schools and this % to the bars.

It all has to do with their upbringing and ones has to look no further than their family (job history, parental character traits, family social vices like drinking and gambling, family values, external events like pregnancies, debts, etc) to determine where they willl end up. I see the girls nothing but puppets in this process and it isn't just the bar scene but in all jobs/careers/educational pursuits for all girls from the low socio-econ class...

It is usually not the girl's decision to work bar but a family one(okay there will be some that the family doesn't know but me thinks that is a very very small percenatge). The family looks the other way knowing full well that the girl is working bar even the public perception company line is, "she is working in a bkk restaurant". How can the girl be sending home more than her monthly restaurant salary? It is just a game that they play so face can be preserved somewhat from all sides...

The bottom line is the girls have had zero positive role models in their lives up to the time falangs get exposed to them. If they did, they wouldn't be in the bar scene in the first place....

You contrast that to girls not working bar with the same socio-econ background (and there is a huge pool of them and i personally have 600 of them), the one greatest difference will be the family and influence of that

family. I cannot stress enough how important the family is in the girl's life and the duty to carry out and honor/fulfill the wishes of the family (good or bad is irrelevant to the decion-making process). They will do anything for the family even sacrifice their own well-being or any hope of a positive future. They process the world and there role in it as a collective unit and not as an individual as we do the West...

The difference being a positve influence that the family has on the girl cumminating doing something with their life other than working bar and the negative or non-positive influence of the family ending with the girl in the bar scene. The magnitude of the influence is exactly the same except the outcome is going in opposite directions...

So you really think the girl is going to show the desired behaviors you menetioned? And where in her life would she have acquired them?

CB

Financially, BGs would be a high risk for a bank to deal with as a customer.

What is their credit history? Do they have stable employment with stong projected earnings? Are they financially predictable over any period of time?

One would see 100k Baht one day in their account and an overdraw the next for reasons I explained in my previous post..

CB

Archived