watching on helplessly

camerashy

I know this bg (Tip, not her real name) through a regular 'friend' of mine :: who works at the same bar. Tip has everything going for her - she is young (19), beautiful, very energetic and sensual dancer, and consequently gets bf'ed nearly every night. Her problem is that she has no idea of how to manage all the money she is getting. My 'friend' has helped her open bank accounts and suggested to her how to save her money, but she just can't do it. She originally came from a small town in Issan where her family were dirt poor, so I guess is making up for her poor childhood in an orgy of spending now. Which of you have ever been out with 3 bg's to eat, movies and play pool, as well as consume copious amounts of alcohol, and have one bg insist on paying for everything? To make matters worse, she is now starting to drink more and more, and I was sorry to see her violently drunk the other night, not 1 hour after she had performed an energetic and erotic show on stage. I simply cannot imagine her getting a bf that night.

I believe (or perhaps I'm just being overly optimistic) that most bg's are pretty careful with their money, and are intently saving for life after their body has lost its charm. But I guess that a certain percentage never consider this, and descend into alcoholism or even drug addiction. I think I'm seeing the start of this with Tip, but feel helpless to do anything about it. Pity, because she was a fun, beautiful girl. :(

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Or, with the help of a friend, she can realize that she is starting a slide that will result in her dreams slipping from her grasp, and start putting some of her money into time deposits, making it a little less accessible. Eventually, with some help, she can start buying into an income fund or buying annuities and have a nice little stream of income that will allow her to retire comfortably in the bosom of her family upcountry.

It could happen.

camerashy said:

...I believe (or perhaps I'm just being overly optimistic) that most bg's are pretty careful with their money, and are intently saving for life after their body has lost its charm. But I guess that a certain percentage never consider this...

5555555555555555. OK, not funny, but sad really. I think that the huge majority do not have a pot to piss in after the leave the biz, save for what the accomplish while they are still in it (build a house, buy some gold, etc). There are only a few that I know who are genuinely frugal and smart with money. The rest are more like your friend, unfortunately. Maybe not druggies or lushes, but very effective at pissing away lots of money.

Cheers,

SD

with all the hangers on in Thailand when you have money and in a place where sometimes life can seem a little short, the only way she going wrong is pissing it up!!!

life is short have fun. anuities, term deopsits!! what the? she'd be lucky if she could count up 1000 bath's worth of 20 baht note's.

don't worry she'll wake up, may be too late but she wont be the first or the last.. life is a joke for those who think but is so sad for those who feel...

Hi!

I believe (or perhaps I'm just being overly optimistic) that most bg's are pretty careful with their money, and are intently saving for life after their body has lost its charm.

You are definitley overly optimistic. They do exist but are very rare.

regards

ALHOLK

she probably has lots of friends to help her out with her money.

( help themselves to her money that is)

not to mention the family back home and their demands.

instant gratification is a national past time for thais ( not chinese it seems, who have some long time businesses)

Most bgs that i have had contact do not have a 5 week plan let alone a 5 year plan. what to do today, not tommorrow. Just as they accuse of of "thinking to mutt", they think to little. :(

Archived