I am in need of dire help !

BadaBing

Very good advice. I think about Thailand and the 2 girls I left behind. If I stayed on my current course in farangland I would be doing pretty well in say 5 years but at the moment all I think about is getting back to LOS.

I have some contacts in LOS and my hope is the skills I have combined with my networking will eventually allow me to have a career with a decent income in Thailand. thats probably the goal for most of us on this board.

I know what you mean by staying in the LOS too long can make coming back to farangland career wise and mentally really hard. I have only spent about 3 moinths in LOS but it has had a profound effect on me already. I reckon its taken me 3 months to readjust into 'normal' life here and although i am coping better than when i first got back i cant imagine living here for the rest of my life. its too boring and predictable.

i dont know what the answer is. on one hand i could spend 6 months in LOS and that would tell me if i can have a career and the life i want there.

but, after six months even if im having trouble doing anything but teaching english im probably going to make excuses to stay because of how much i love the place and ill have to face looking for a new job in farangland in my early 30's which isnt tragic but its starting to get there.

god forbid i spend a couple of years there and not making career progress. i can see the years just drifitng away, ill be happy but broke and ill have no future.

what a dilemma!!

i can see the years just drifitng away, ill be happy but broke and ill have no future.

............... and also being broke means you are not so handsome anymore :(

You kinda sound a bit familiar......... where you know that your own worst enemy is sometimes yourself, particularly when it comes to temptation :D :D :D

Archived