I am in need of dire help !

BadaBing

Hmmm....I hope you are _not_ in need of dire help,

but in dire need of help!

The only help and cure that is availabe...is, alas, to return earlier than New Years!

I also have the dreaded disease.

I will quit my job with a future and trade it in for a place among the low paying english teachers at the end of the year. I can't fight it I am just going to go with it and lose myself in debauchery and beautiful women...

:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

I will quit my job with a future and trade it in for a place among the low paying english teachers at the end of the year. I can't fight it I am just going to go with it and lose myself in debauchery and beautiful women...

Big call emmitt, but well done that man! Gained yourself a work permit or doing the monthly visa run?

Free2Fly

emmitt said:

I also have the dreaded disease.

:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

I can just see you under that Plam tree....good luck :neener::beer:

I figure itll be a good six months then ill be back in OZ broke and with no job but ill have too many stories to tell.

its not good at my age to be doing this but my current job bores me senseless, i spend everyday dreaming about thailand and two of the girls i left behind.

i have my picyures of my trip on my computer and i change my desktop everyday and god knows i spend way too much time on this fucking forum just to feel like im that little bit closer to the LOS.

now i know how a heroin addict feels like. i actually saw a cute girl in adelaide yesterday and just for a second i thought well...maybe i could stay here after all but no that felling quickly faded.

i have my first 3 month review in a couple of weeks and im secretly hoping my boss tells me that hes not going to offer me a permanent position. i have been hurling a few 'humorous' but biting jibes at him to get him motivated to get rid of me and i spend my time at work talking about how great it would be to live in asia.

i think hes got the hint!!!!. i could be in thailand in november!!!!

one day ikm going to look back on this and think....WTF i chucked in a good job to work for peanuts in thailand...you fucking idiot

:help:

emmitt

As you sound a fair bit younger than the average fella here........ (apologies if I have got this wrong and this is NOT meant to be patronising!)

It's not the 6 month trip that may f#ck with your future, it's the next 6 months and the 6 months after............ whether part of the same trip or the next trips.

Apart from eating up your money (whether or not you work), Thailand and particulerly indulging 24/7 in the nightlife can destroy your ability to readjust to normal life back home, which is where for most of us the "normal" money is and involves working at jobs which we don't particulerly like but are still able to "get on with it" nonetheless.

I was going to say that you are better off building up some decent money and getting a trade / career under your belt to fall back on in Farangland, but I did this (by accident) as I was about 28 when I first "found" Thailand and as a consequence had already burnt myself out in Farangland so when I first arrived in the LOS it made me not very well equipped to "cope" with Thailand. Liking a few beers didn't help either.

Looking back for me it was close run thing but although I also thought about moving to Thailand I realised that 6 months at a time was the most I could do without losing the plot totally and that any longer and I was in danger of going over the edge permanently. (whether I worked or not)

Thailand has cost me a lot of money both from not working and from not taking up opportunities in Farangland in addition to the trip expenses themselves, which are scary enough in themselves :o But at least I had the sense to maintain an earning ability to fall back on every time I returned and in the last couple of years (a 2 year gap from Thailand and a consequent drop in drinking helped a LOT mentally!!) I do seem to have started to get my s#it together financially, but I still try not to think about the money I have lost / never made............

(But then again the plus side spending so much time in Thailand meant I never got married in Farangland, so I never lost the whole f#cking lot!)

I guess what I am saying is that it's always good to have a plan B, and Thailand is not a good place to be broke 24/7 - with no options back home.

(BTW 66 is of course my DOB not my age!)

Archived