Best Exchange Rates

sakoni2002

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

some of the scandinavian internet banks such as skandiabanken also issue atm/debit cards with no global atm withdraw fees as well as no or very low currency conversion fees(Visa) e.g. 1-1,5%.

thus they seem to get about 1% less than the oanda.com/xe.com published interbank rates.

then there's all the other ripoff banks who make sure they get a solid cut before we even get to spend our hard earned money...

I have a Royal Bank of Scotland ATM card with 35,225 quid in it that I was going to use in LOS this january but I can't get a firm amount of the charges from them. They won't tell me what the transaction cost will be each time I use the card and I have no idea what the commission rate will be. My options are to take sterling out of my account and bring it with me (if I go to the U.K. before January) or switch the money to another bank while in the U.K. I don't think that R.B.O.S. became as large as it is by giving good deals to its customers.

If you're a BofA customer in the states and use your debit card overseas, prepare to bend over and grab your ankles. They charge $5 for international transactions, plus another fee for using a non BofA ATM. That's for EACH transaction! Total bullshit. For my last trip I got a debit card from paypal that charges a flat $1 fee regardless of the bank or location. I used it at the airport on arrival and promptly forgot to take it out of the machine, so I still ended up getting fucked.

nice amount of quids to have hanging around hope they don't just rest there on zero current account interest!

well if the bank is up to no good why on earth have your money wit h them at all its not like moving to another bank is much work for a local resident is it? they won't/can't tell whats the charges gonna be like??? run run very fast & take ALL your money with you preferably in coins or small demoniations LOL

hard to beat nationwide thats for sure;)

Archived