Finding a Decent Thai Maid

the_numbers

Does anyone have a good maid???

I am in need of help in finding one as I've lost the maid service I had, and am struggling to find one to replace it :banghead: Good maids find boyfriends and get knocked up and head home is the lesson I've learned.

She has though by virture of this decision left me behind with a few extra thousand baht a month in meager wages and unironed shirts :( I tried checking the board at that J-bookshop at Phrom Phong BTS, but no luck in the last week. [sometimes they appear there]

Anyway... PM me if you know someone directly. I don't want a live in service just a girl to come sort the place out in the week and pick up some cash.

Cheers,

the_numbers

P.S. - A few girls at Texas Lone Star offered to do it :bow: but their rates were high and they'd be doing more than the laundry they hinted. Tempting, but the place needs cleaning dammit!

Demand is high :doah: and its true they are hard to find. So, gimme some help if you got it - its not easy in the "big mango".

Finding a good one is the reason I put "decent" in the title of my post as one of my Thai friends thinks hers has been nicking small goods from around the house :spank: Really terrible and she had to fire her a few days ago.

I would think maids could make more by hitting a few houses in given neighborhoods in a weeks time than living in for 4-5K a month. Besides in this day and age loads of people I know just want someone to come in twice and week and do basic cleaning. No need for the cooking, cleaning, dutiful lady in the back of the house.

cheers,

the_numbers

Where do you live? We have a good, trustworthy, friendly maid who comes in a few times a week, but we're in the Yen Akart area and anywhere too far from there would really be too much of a hassle to get to for her.

Also she speaks no English. Well, she can say hello. Oh, and she ain't pretty...

If you provide a location, maybe it can narrow your search.

I'm not sure of the agencies, it seems like the one that operates in our condo complex is constantly firing people for things gone missing or not turning up or whatever. That's why we outsource.

Same goes for the laundry lady -- she seems to be firing her staff every week for stealing money or clothes gone missing.

It really is a crapshoot unless you get a good recomendation.

SuziB

The best maids I ever had were the old ugly ones. I did not have to worry about myself or anone else for that matter knocking them up or trying to.

I also made it a point to find out which ones were "god-fearing/religious/spiritual" and tried to hire those types as they were less likely to run off with my stuff.

If you were in Pattaya I could come up with a group of people who could recommend one for you.

the_numbers said:

Demand is high :doah: and its true they are hard to find. So, gimme some help if you got it - its not easy in the "big mango".

If you live within bicycle distance of Thonglor Soi 25, let me know. My maid would likely do it a couple of days a week. She is awesome (some board members here have met her), but does not speak any English. She is Bangkok Thai.

She is not interested in a live-in position and not interested in travelling more than a few blocks as she does maid work only to keep from being bored while waiting for her kid to come home from school;. Hubby has a job, so money is not really a factor to her.

I overpay her at B3K/mo for twice a week house & clothes cleaning but she has been with me a time now and is well worth it. Oh, if it matters, she is pretty in a girl-next-door way but is very happily married with children!

Otherwise ask others if their maids have friends or maybe check the Bambi Bangkok banner ad up on top here.

Cheers,

SD

Archived