Thaksin: We will retaliate

rickfarang

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
vegasdave49 said:

Sorry BB but I would have to say that dropping the big one's on Japan led to victory, or at the very least hastened it.

Dave,

But of course !

When I wrote that "when does retaliation not lead to escalation ?", it had no implications at all nor relations to WWII......

I was referring to other examples.....

BB

Hey, it worked for Stalin. Stalin uprooted tens of millions of people in eastern Europe and got away with it. Difference was that Stalin won the war, Hitler lost. (And once it is done, there's not much can be done about undoing it.)

p.s. One reason Laos has such as small population is that when the French began seizing Laos, the Thai kings started uprooting entire villages and moving them to the Thai side of the Mekhong River. The French got the land, but the Thais kept the people.

Live in peace... had a muslim partner kneeling down on sheets spoiled time after time by my jewish assistant to pray towards the mecca but right under our mesousah in my office today and it's all a bit funny to my goy atheist eye. But why going to war when you can cash checks???

Random, love and international swifts are beautiful

Archived