How to get to nana plaza from BKK airport?

Please don?t think I?m judging here. I?m just curious.

Do people get off that long-haul flight, queue at immigration and then take a taxi/bus or whatever, and head with full luggage into Nanaplaza? I?ve seen people in Sukhumwit with suitcases and always assumed they were heading for the airport. So, have you done it? Have you got arrived in Nana an hour or so after landing with bulging suitcases and tickets everywhere? And how did you night work out? Did you end up walking over that Sukhumwit crossing dragging suitcase and new friend to Foodland? It?d make interesting reading.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi!

I nearly always stay at the Nana. As flights from Scandinavia arrive at about 6 am it's not a problem. Only problem is that if I share a taxi with someone else and have to walk a couple blocks every friggin taxi in the area will stop and ask if they can take me to the airport. :)

regards

ALHOLK

When flying in via NWA or UAL which usually lands around 11:30 pm or midnight, I usually take the airport bus for 100 baht. I believe there are three routes A1, A2 and A3. One of the routes goes to Silom road where I get off and then jump into a taxi for a ride to my nearby hotel. The reason why I do this is that I have had troubles taking taxis from the airport. They either stop at the gas station or take an unusual route. Going to the airport at an early hour as 3am for NWA or 4am for UAL, there are plenty of taxis around with little to no traffic on the h'way. The fare plus tolls is less than 300 baht. Be sure to tell the taxi driver to take the h'way to the airport.

Sanuk!

didn't quite run out,just lost a large amount......... :banghead:

borrowed some from a Friend and fully paid back once we were back in the UK.

my problem is i splash the cash and don't hold back when on Holiday.

if i want to ring the Bell i will and think nothing of buying many LD's for Friends

but by spending many Hours in Cathouse for free i made up what i paid for in Taxi fares........... :beer:

• 2 weeks later...

oh dear does heathrow have the tube? yes sire its a 3.80 ride into the city last I checked while the express into paddington run at least double that!

comparing any of those to bkk wouldn't be fair, but the train fare is a fiver(thb) I believe or is it 20? bus is a flat 4bt I think.

taxis at departure level ain't trying to cheat any one merely dropping off passengers. off course one might find the odd lurking taxi mafia type up there as well, but I believe security will get rid of them fairly quick...

BTW nep-don muang meter fare shouldn't differ much from some 200bt adding perhaps tollway fees & airport surcharge

Archived