How to get to nana plaza from BKK airport?

I guess the simplest way would be to grab a taxi but I believe there is a sky train stop close to nana plaza (nana station?).

Does the sky train run directly from the airport? How much would it cost?

Also, how much would a taxi fare from the airport to Nana Plaza cost? I am staying just around the corner from NEP at Dynasty Inn.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Taxi would be around 270-280 baht. Taxis leaving the airport charge a 50 baht surcharge (which you can avoid by going upstairs to the arrivals area and getting a taxi that is dropping someone off. As you get your bags and leave that area of the airport, you will walk through a large group of people that will offer you limo service. Keep walking outside and you will see the area where you will wait in line for a taxi. The sky train does not run to the airport. If your flight arrives before midnight, you can catch a bus from the airport (near the taxi stand) that says "Skhumvit" and get off at the first stop on Sukhumvit (also tell them when you pay the money for the ride that you will be staying at the Dynasty Inn). The cost is 100 baht. It does not run after 12:15-12:30 A.M. Is it a very nice, air-conditioned bus with plenty of room for bags.

That does not necessarily alleviate the cabbie of the need to pay the B50 charge. If he is noticed by the coppers (99% of the time he is if you are observant) they note his license number and signal to him and he is charged the B50. Besides, it's a buck, so just give it to the guy for Pete's sake. What this method of getting a taxi *does* accomplish is to get a taxi faster when the queue at departures is opressively long, or there are not taxis there, or both.

Cheers,

SD

I've never tried it but obviously have heard others mention it in the 2 1/2 years that I have been on this board. I usually take the Northwest Air flight, which means that I get in around midnight. If the bus is avaialbe, I take it. If not, I take a taxi. After 25 hours of flying and sitting in airports, I just go to my hotel room and crash. I'm usually in LOS for at least a month at a time, so I look at it as a marathon, not a sprint!

The drivers that pay their fee and line-up at the booth are the ones that play by the rules, and should be supported.

The ones that hang by arrivals and try to snag passengers are far more likely to try to "flat rate" the fare, 1000% of the time not in the passengers favor.

If the line is long and you don't want to wait, cross the parking garage and cross to the highway, there is a bus stop where passing taxis will pick-up.

The taxis leaving from the booth, late at night, sometimes pull that flat rate b.s and other scams. One driver took my receipt, to read, and wouldn't give it back to me, until I got quite insistent.

They probably have some kind of record, at the booth, which may help, if you had a problem with a driver. Like being robbed or beaten up.

Going upstairs, to arrivals, is asking for trouble. Those guys are already wiseguys, trying to beat the system. So, I think, next, they'll try to beat you.

It's only a dollar and it's much easier.

i don't see the point of trying to save a couple of Quid on the Taxi.

i've only travelled from DM to Suk once in my life and i just paid the 500Bt which was quoted to me.

sure i could have saved myself the price of 2-3 Beers by taking the advice of others concerning Taxi's,but i just think the price of 2-3 Beers is not that great.

you try getting from Heathrow to central London for £8.......

i must have blinkers on,in all my Years travelling from Heathrow i have never seen an Underground Station...........

Train facilities yes,but on the only occassion i have used it from central London to the Airport i was charged

over £20 for the 20-25 Minute return Train journey.

£4.50 seems very cheap for England,after all the Authorities try and rip us off so much.

Gatwick better for me from my Home,Heathrow is a real pain.

but back to topic,i see no problem with paying £2-3 more if i can get to my destination quickly when arriving in LOS.

Archived