How to get to nana plaza from BKK airport?

I'll agree with you there, Sayjann. The bus from the airport is only good if you are traveling alone and your hotel is very close to one of the stops and if you are travelling light. On leaving for home, I'll usually pay a limo driver that I use frequently 600 Baaht to pick me up at 3:00 A.M. for the NWA 6:00 A.M. flight. I usually have two very large bags and my carry on and its worth it to have the extra room to put the bags in the truck. Concerning Heathrow, the underground stops at two of the terminals. The problem isn't taking the underground (although it stops frequently and takes about an hour to get to and from Heathrow). Its when you get off the tube and have to haul your baggage up flights of stairs and one or two blocks to your hotel.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
pacus said:

I guess the simplest way would be to grab a taxi

Absolutely. Got it in one

Does the sky train run directly from the airport?

No

Also, how much would a taxi fare from the airport to Nana Plaza cost? I am staying just around the corner from NEP at Dynasty Inn.

Depending on time of arrival, somewhere between 260 - 380 Baht

pacus,

The last thing you want / need after a long haul flight, is to stuff around with Public transport and luggage.

Get your ass into a taxi and get to the Hotel a.s.a.p.

Shit, shave & shower and get out "sightseeing" or seeing the sights.....you won't regret it.

ENJOY

Cheers Dumsoda

i must have blinkers on,in all my Years travelling from Heathrow i have never seen an Underground Station...........

I used it a number of times... about a fiver to central london... takes about an hour I think. The dark blue line (Piccadilly?) although it's above ground for most of the trip.

Hi,

it's the Piccadilly line so it's the underground even if it's not so much under ground. Terminal 4 is a station but closed since beginning of this year until end of next year, I think it will be open again in october 2006.

elef

Actually, if you don't want to be as cheap as me, you have your choice of either the underground that has a lot of stops and takes an hour or you can take the Paddington Express, which leaves every 15 minutes, is non-stop (I think) and costs about double the cost of the underground.

Good advise. Like I said, I go back to the room and crash (I'm getting too old for this 12 hour time change adjusting). But I'm usually up between 7:00 and 8:00 and spend half of the first full day on business, then I have 3-4 more weeks (in my case this January, 3 1/2 months) to enjoy LOS, so getting out that first night is not a priory with me (I prefer to have fun when I'm not half asleep) but I realize that my schedule in LOS is a bit longer than most.

sayjann said:

i don't see the point of trying to save a couple of Quid on the Taxi.

i've only travelled from DM to Suk once in my life and i just paid the 500Bt which was quoted to me.

sure i could have saved myself the price of 2-3 Beers by taking the advice of others concerning Taxi's,but i just think the price of 2-3 Beers is not that great.

Aren't you the one that ran out of many a couple of times during your latest trip? :neener:

Archived