Crap rules..

Zaad

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lazyphil said:

is this the los freedom hungrey westerns crave...piss tests, alcahol curfews, what next i wonder? ::

They're just trying to become a first world country (second world anyway). Thailand was more fun before they ever heard about 'Western values'. :)

And maybe you can't buy liquor anytime you feel like it but you can still go binge-drinking and smoke in bars if you want.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4373858.stm.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/4306226.stm

Or maybe some Thais just don't want lager louts everywhere....foreign or domestic.

pasathai said: sounds like the year I "served time" in Catholic school

My grandmother hated her Catholic school so much that she couldn't wait to become a Protestant. I've been told that when she was 8 years old she said to her mother, "Mama ... do I HAVE to be a Catholic?" She was driven out of the church by the nuns who taught her and in those days used to belt the kids around quite regularly.

Even though it is now illegal, I have seen Thai teachers in primary schools caning their students quite regularly. They just have to be more gentle about it!

lazyphil said:

<<Or maybe some Thais just don't want lager louts everywhere....foreign or domestic. >>

So silly laws will curb the yobs ::

No. Yobs will be yobs. No laws will stop them. The silly laws, piss tests etc. (which some Thais don't see as silly) do send a message though. Not everybody approves of unregulated drinking and drug-taking especially where minors are concerned.

It's a huge problem worldwide and every country handles it differently. They are pissing into the wind probably but governments have a responsibility to deal with it.

Archived