Is The Warbler still around?

thefezman

Hi guys,

Just booked for December (first time back for 4 years). Just wondering if The Warbler was still there and if the food was as good as before? Also, any other noticable changes with NP? New gogo's etc.... Always remember Titty Twister and Voodoo as the most thriving bars at the time. Any updates would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

The Indian dishes in the buffet were all right. After all, Santos was from India. Supposed to have had a Mexican father, but that doesn't mean you can make Mexican food.

As the tom toms have it -- anybody remember that expression? -- Santos did a runner owning a lot of people money. Whatever the truth of it, he apparently did get picked up in Pattaya and put behind bars.

Really a shame, since the Titty Twister started out as a great bar and I did like the Warbler.

Fezzer: Warbler shut down long ago, once the owner got tossed in the can, where I think he still is. It's now a second branch of Hillary Bar, the main branch being up the soi a stone's throw.

Pale_Rider said:

Tasty/good?? YMMV, but I got ill one night after eating one of their Mexican specialties. I remember because I was on one of ASFOs friday night pub crawls.

Generally I thought the Warbler's friday buffet was okay (nothing special)...until I got food poisoning and had the squirts for a few days. That was 5-years ago, at an ASFO meeting and the _only_ time I've ever gotten sick from food in Thailand.

I often eat meals from food stands and they have never been a problem.

Food stands rarely get people sick, the vendors buy enough meat for a few hours trade, then go buuy more, simplyy not left around long enough to go off.

However Buffett have food sitting out for 6 hours at bacteria breading tempature, I know far more people sick from Buffetts than street food.

Used to think it odd till explained to me

DOG

Archived