Your 2 sataangs worth please

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BeldarC,

If you don't put yourself in a position to be hurt, then you truly won't experience love.

I had same feelings as you, and Thai wife has been in USA for over a year now. Finally received permanent resident card and off she went to Thailand for 2 months. We just returned and she was looking forward to getting back to the USA. I just make sure she feels safe, take her to "tourist" places, and above all...be sure she has regular access to Thai food be it restaurants or ingredients for home cooking.

The hardest part for a Thai traveling out of their country is FOOD. They are not as adaptable to local cuisine as westerners. I know this is a generalization, but it is my experience having brought my wife to USA and sending my former Thai employees around the world. My employees complained, without exception, the most difficult thing about traveling was FOOD.

If your concerned about assets, then go with a pre-nuptual agreement. If she resists, tell her it is for her, so it makes it easier for her to return to Thailand should she really not like the USA or marriage.

Things happen, and that is the reality. Pre-nup isn't anything if everything goes ok.

Make a long-term plan with her. Our overall plan is in about 10 - 15 years (my retirement, her qualifying for Social security benefits) we will live summers in USA and winters in Thailand. We have small house built already in Thailand and working towards the day neither of us needs to work.

U2B

Archived