Your 2 sataangs worth please

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

bring her for a holliday and let her find out a little so she can better make a descision...

My wife hates OZ but she believes her sister would love it and coming to learn about both of them more over the years I can see without doubt my sis-in-law would love it here and she could be very sucsessful here.

The difference I say to my wife is I think my wife is backward(traditional) as opposed to my sis-in-law being very modern and being prepared to adapt.

and bottom line that's where it's at. a willingness to adapt.

on the other hand it sounds like there's a pot of gold somewhere, be carefull!

LOS could be great for you, there is more than just teaching. I face simmilar descisions and now am thinking of learning how to read and write Thai and getting the low down on running a business. I have a friend about to graduate from Kon Kaen uni- studied marketing and myself with a western business background coming to LOS for a lifestyle change. I don't see why a small enterprise should'nt work out and if It does'nt work out-well I just go home. a bit like teaching a man to fish as opposed to just giving him fish...I think when two people work together towards a common goal it builds something more than just the goal it'self, more than you'd attain by dragging yr wife to the US and plonking her in some menial job or in yr house all day.

everybodys situation is different but it would be worse for me to drag my wife here than it would be for me to give LOS a try and fail. besides I love LOS so there is not much convincing req'd.

Thanks for all the positive replies.

I actually know many Thais here in the USA, however many speak about how they miss their home.... but not all.

I suppose it is much like the expats who live in Thailand, some can't wait to leave and others never want to leave.

I think I have heard more bad luck stories then success stories so I "think too mutt".

As I was writing my original post it, it occured to me that I must try to give it a go and bring her here.

As far as living and working in LOS, I feel that it is quite limited what you can reasonably do there.

I think the only advantage for Americans is that we can own a business there (in Thailand) outright (100%) because I believe the "Treaty of Amity" is still in force there.

http://www.thaivisa.com/481.0.html

This is an approach I might use if I end up going there... to do what business I still don't know. It wouldn't be another beer bar or guest house... I think it's been done to death.

Anyway thanks for the feedback.

Perhaps I will do an update in a few months if anyone remembers this post!

Dude smack yourself for such a silly thought bout giving up a career for some pussy!

Dude let me break it down for u.

You don't give up a solid income for some pussy! You can always easily replace the pussy but u can't easily replace the income. I learned that the hard way with a farang chick. I left a lucrative moderate six figure job in one state, thinking I could easily replicate it in another State where she lived. Took me years to get back on track again. This was all in the USA, how hard do u think it will be in Thailand. Your in your prime earning years don't be a fool and throw it all away over a cute piece of ass that makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Make your money first and then u can have alot more cute pieces of ass.

Bring her here to the States? I wouldn't, life is tough and complicated enough here without having to add to the burden. Are you ready to have someone totally dependent upon you for everything from food to tampons? You can't even toss her outof the house if she pisses you off because she will have nowhere to go!

Aside from a menial job or a small start up business your girl will lack the skills to compete in the USA. It will take her years to find her niche and your going to have to deal with all of her failures until she finds it. That is some frustrating shit waiting for someone to pull their weight!

Have u thought about how your chick will fit in your social realm? I have and to be quite honest most thai chicks educated in Thailand would never fit in my social circles. Socio-economic status is just as strong here as it is in Thailand. I would seriously have to downgrade several facets of my life to accomodate a Thai chick. Maybe if I was a blue collar kind of a guy that punched a clock,lived in the suburbs, just liked to chill at home watching DVD's and go shopping at the mall; I could do it but that is not my world and u have to make sure that your girl can live in your world.

There is also one little thing that gets into my thoughts too. I just don't find Thai chicks that attractive outside of Thailand. I mean back here in the States there are so many available gorgeous chicks(sure u got to put up with some bullshit but that is the price) Thai chicks sort of look not so hot compared to some of the taller full bodied chicks here in NYC. I know for a fact that I would eventually fuck around on a Thai chick I brought back here.

Have to disagree with the notion that Thai women are not attractive in the US. For someone my age, who would be the most attractive? A mid-forties fat-assed, floppy tittied, double chinned, post -menopausal bitch with an attitude and more baggage than in the hole of a 747, OR a petite, attractive, well mannered, loving, non-moneygrubbing Thai lady in her thirties? I don't think it takes a rocket scientist to figure that one out! We don't all belong to the Park Avenue set. We're the midddle class of America. When we compare the offerings at home or what Thailand offers,well............. :)

Hi BeldarC,

>>>It has been already three months since I left BKK and I fear the "momentum" will be lost and she may meet another guy.<<<

Won't happen if it is real. Because of our pending visa application, I've not been able to see my gf for 1 year already. I've always been worried too, that she will find someone else, but she is still insanely committed, and we are in contact everyday. My saying "won't happen if it is real", is just based on my own experience, which has a very long history. Only you can know how well you really know your gf. But sounds like you are in a very similar situation as I am in. And nothing can be totally certain that either one of you won't find someone else along the way. In the end, you both have to trust what the other says, and their sincerity in that.

But I have to worry also, that she will finally get here, and be disappointed, because of being alone while I work, in a strange land for her. I've talked to her constantly about this, only to be told not to worry.....that she only wants to be with me, and doesn't matter what the circumstance is.

In the end, we can both (you and me), only know how it will be after they get here, and what pre-conceived notions they may have. I for one, have always painted a very bleak picture for her, to no avail. She is very detirmined in what she wants, and doesn't want to hear anything else.

So my best advise is to follow the path, and once she gets here, take it from there. You will know right away if she came here to con you. Hopefully you know her well enough before she gets here, to not have that be a problem. It may also be that she gets here, and misses family too much, etc. Just be prepared for all eventualities, and don't set anything in concrete.

Hope for the best, but expect the worst. And have your eye's wide open the whole way. It's the best you can do. Fate will dictate the rest.

Good luck, and keep us posted.

HT

HIGH_THAIED said:

Because of our pending visa application, I've not been able to see my gf for 1 year already.

HT,

Good post and sound advice, and good to see that you are still on course with your GF......

However, please explain why you cannot see her for a year because of the visa application ??? :: :: ::

BB

Archived