a bit nicer place in hua hin?

gomez

Hi, I've been to Hua Hin before, but I am easy to please, quite happy to stay in fairly, ah... rough places.

But my sister is coming for a visit and wants to go to Hua Hin. I'd like to take her to someplace a bit more comfortable than the average backpacker stays. Prefer if it was in the centre of things.

Any suggestions?

How much moola do ya want to spend? For nice digs, the expat choice is the Hilton. It's sa-weet. But it's B5500/night in high season.

Ther are some even better places, but even more pricey (like the Chiva Som, but that one is ~US$465/night) :o

Oh, ya want less. How about Baan Talay Dao? It's nice too (I may even prefer it over the Hilton...it's close) and ~B3400/night high season.

Cheers,

SD

The Marriott is just dandy and the Anantara is very nice as well. The higher-end rooms at the Anantara are worth the money. The only real problem at the Anantara is that the beach is pretty skimpy and disappears completely at high tide. The beach at the Marriott is much better.

I'd rate the Marriott as better value-for-money, but the better rooms at the Anantara are more romantic, with bathtubs built for two :hubba:

Actually these were/are more popular among the expats I know/knew, so don't go there if you're hoping to be unobserved.

There's always the Sofitel. Get drunk and pretend you're in The Killing Fields (take that, reference hunters!). Watch out for the ghosts, though--Thais are convinced the place is haunted.

The Hilton is definitely in the center of things - numerous beer bars and restaurants within a couple of blocks, though the beach isn't much. Also has an excellent breakfast buffet.

Mariott is a short hop away from the action, but has a nice beach and a GREAT spa (outdoor treatment rooms & garden showers, etc,).

I like to stay at the Hilton and visit the spa at the Marriott.

Archived