Whats your definition of a "Newbie"?

STDAY3

>> some group in a pub <<

me's thinks dat is the case .. newbie refers only to the forum.

a forum is like a pub, friends meeting up to swap stories & opinions.

the less secure in the pub group will be defensive of their status in that group & thus could put up barriers to 'newbies'.

some members of the group will also be defensive of the group's percieved status ..

& as in most situitions, insiders rule & friends SHOULD stick togeather.

several of the most volumious posters over the years have only been in Thailand once & perhaps never left lower Sukhumvet.

One of the most heavy posters, often dozens of posts per day, to all forums re LOS posted / admited once that he had never left the Sukhumvet area ..

I was shocked, I thought he was an expat due to his expert like bloviation ( thanks for the word Suduam ) on all topics.

in my vernacular if one is not an expat then 'newbie like' or 'wanna be' is always appropriate.

humbly submitted,

wanna be

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lazyphil

it would be interesting to have a word count rather than a post count, i bet some much smaller posters have higher wordage than me, i post alot and know hardly anything about los other than the birds are cute, its humid and the food tastes good, what else is needed to know?.....oh, is it krub kooon cup or kop kun cap :: farang or falang ::

know hardly anything about los other than the birds are cute, its humid and the food tastes good, what else is needed to know?.....

------------------------------

what is the name again, for that Island in the midst of civilization, north of bangers? You're the TAT office on NP.com for that place, Mr "I kno litteun"! :D

Archived