Rosetta Stone

Has anyone done the Rosetta Stone Language course? I got the 2 CD Roms last year & found it very good……it was used by Nasa, to teach there guys Russian in 6 weeks it just works on pictures---as your mind remembers this better then words, so it doesn’t matter what language you speak. You use same programme, I managed to damage one of the disks…….They don’t sell(copy ) it in Pantip or anywhere else I’ve tried, when I went into there site they have several versions, (mine was $us 34) with the deluxe going up to $us250…….right over my budget. I was wondering if anyone had it for me to do a pantip on it…..I would be happy to pay.

[ November 27, 2001: Message edited by: sleepy2000 ]

Hi!

I bought a Rosetta Stone CD at Panthip this summer (June). It was only one CD and seems to be focused on teaching vocabulary. I did see it at several vendors there so mayby it would pay off to take you time look for it there.

regards

ALHOLK

[ November 27, 2001: Message edited by: ALHOLK ]

There are two different versions, one is called thai explorer and consists of about 40 lessons, and there is another with over 100 lessons that I have heard about but never seen. I think rosetta stone is ok but i think you need to have a good grasp of thai before you start to use it especially if you want to use the thai script as there is not explanation of the script at all and the picture do use it!!

I think the courage software is a lot better which you can get from panthip, it has a whole section on writing and learning the alphabet, lots of exercises and some really good vocab as well as tone drills, tone mark drills etc etc

quote:

There are two different versions, one is called thai explorer and consists of about 40 lessons, and there is another with over 100 lessons

The Explorer has about 40 lessons for many different languages including Thai. I think it's supposed to give you a flavor of their teaching approach and entice you to buy the full length course.

I believe the Thai full course is 3 CDs and the cost is over $200 via their Web site (I don't remember the URL). I have only seen the Explorer at Panthip, not the full course.

[ December 05, 2001: Message edited by: Mad Max ]

Archived