Pattaya Killings and Top-Notch Police Work

the_numbers

"Royal Thai Police Spokesperson ACHIRAWIT SUPHANNAPHAYSAT said that the murder of a journalist in Pattaya was a result of either gambling or the victim's work as press."

Wonder how much evidence it took to sort this out?? Sounds like the Thai police are doing their usual bang-up investigation job. As far as stating the obvious you can't do much better than this one by the boys in brown :banghead:

Anyway its a grim case, Mr. SANTI LAMMANEENIN, the owner of Pattaya Post Newspaper was wacked in a very "seedy bangkok novel worthy episode." I guess someone should phone Christopher Moore and Dean Barrett :grinyes:

Anyway, he was shot in the forehead and the neck, blindfolded with the hands tied via a wire from a mobile phone adapter, in the back of a BMW parked in a forest in Chonburi.

Yikes.

the_numbers

Thai editor, working for a low circulation basically crap paper... Does make you wonder doesn't it suadum? at least about his wheels :dunno:

Perhaps doing a good job gambling? Maybe that's why the police are looking into "gambling" links.

Then again who could be one of many of the native countrymen who is making outrageous monthly payments and living in a cement walled room with one fluorescent light in the boonies driving his bimmer :doah: come to think of it the report said he was found in the Chonburi woods. It didn't say if he lived there??!

cheers,

the_numbers

"Thai editor, working for a low circulation basically crap paper... Does make you wonder doesn't it suadum? at least about his wheels

"

no one really wonders about such things in thailand

I do pasathai wonder about these things. But i see that you want to play the jaded expat card :bow:

Its not a very fun card after a week, imho, and furthermore, that card spoils all the intrigue of a wooded execution in Pattaya. Especially in a three series bimmer. Even freelancing for Channel 7 won't get you that too fast.

And the amazing police statement. I loved it. Saw a crime scene clean-up shot on page 2 of the Nation today.. in the wooded area.

Oh, and phasathai if its so "a bore" then whose buying all those expat novels of sex, love, betrayal, and intrigue??? Maybe nobody but they still print them. I just saw "Big Mango" on Rambuttri for 20B used.

cheers,

the_numbers

[color:"blue"] Bimmer, eh? Journos must be getting paid a lot more than they used to...

[/color]

I don't think a BMW should be the factor here. A car can come from many sources in Thailand, have you ever seen an Isaan woman driving an expensive car but lives in a wood house with no AC?

Cars are very expensive but there are family money and sponsor $$$ and in my brother's case, it is the "big sister" generousity for taking care of mother.

My 1 baht opinion of course (notice NOT Satang!). :o

Jasmine

Totally agreed my dear Jazzy. But the snide point I was trying to make was that the guy is reputed to be involved with less-than-desirable emements of society. The fact he has a low paying job and a high priced car usually confirms just that fact. This makes his murder, while never justified, not really a mystery either IMHO.

Baht over satang, eh? May have to increase that to song baht soon as the inflation rate here was just reported to be 6.2% :o

Cheers,

SD

Archived