Silom: Rear End Shunts

John_Betong

Hi All,

I noticed last night on my way back that the construction has finished and the Rear End Shunts will now begin! The enormous live screens above the road will certainly distract these tail huggers who will have insufficient time to brake.

The pictures are on Silom going towards Narathiwat junction.

rear_end_shunt_051102_2352_02.jpg

rear_end_shunt_051102_2352_10.jpg

Looks as though my status no longer allows me to show images so here are the links:

http://www.anetizer.com/downloads/bums/rear_end_shunt_051102_2352_02.jpg

http://www.anetizer.com/downloads/bums/rear_end_shunt_051102_2352_10.jpg

Cheers,

John_Betong

"Rear End Shunts" - To turn or move aside or onto another course: shunting traffic around an accident.

Didn't understand that term at first.

These signboards are located on Sukhumvit, Rajdamri, etc.. Have been there for a while already, nice graphics - what looks like a video of the next intersection. Haven't noticed it to be of any distraction (more than anything else).

Hi Pom Michael,

Pom Michael said:

"Rear End Shunts" - To turn or move aside or onto another course: shunting traffic around an accident.

Didn't understand that term at first.

These signboards are located on Sukhumvit, Rajdamri, etc.. Have been there for a while already, nice graphics - what looks like a video of the next intersection. Haven't noticed it to be of any distraction (more than anything else).

Rear End Shunt is the term I have always used for running into the back of another car. Maybe it is Geordie slang that I think most people understand in UK.

Slightly off topic but my American lodger asked me what a fortnight was today because it is a term he has heard but is not used in America. Fun and games of having international members :)

I have not noticed the displays in other parts of town it is just last night they seemed huge and constantly flashing rather than showing static information. I was waiting for the insurance adverts to come on and give their telephone numbers to the drivers who had just had accidents ::

Cheers,

John_Betong

PS Thanks for the "nice graphics". Both pictures were under exposed and had to be drastically altered with Photoshop.

Archived