LAPTOP

FAT_AUSSIE

Here's the link for the Dell Thailand website:

http://www1.ap.dell.com/content/default.aspx?c=th&l=en&s=gen

I happen to be a Dell employee, so please help me with my bonus! ::

Seriously, I've been in Dell I/T for about 8 years, and have supported the Dell laptops for internal employees for a few of those years. They're pretty durable little machines - I've seen the labs where they do environment testing on them, as well as component testing! And, of course, I've been using Dell laptops the whole time, and never really had much trouble with them.

The Latitude line is geared more towards business users and networked Enterprise environments, while the Inspiron line is more for home and small business users. But the laptops for both lines use a lot of identical components (including motherboards, just with different BIOS branding), so you're really shopping for features with the different lines of Dell laptops. If you're going to be connecting this system to a business network with a domain, you'll want to get XP Professional, as opposed to XP Home Edition. Another tip: online deals change on a daily basis, sometimes multiple times during a single day, if we're not moving as many units as we should. Usually the best deals occur around holidays and quarter-end, when we're trying to make our numbers. Happy shopping!

monkey39

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ALHOLK said:

Hi!

And as many USB ports as possible.

USB hubs are quite cheap and the only difference is if the hub is built into the computer or located outside.

regards

ALHOLK

Also check to see what version of USB ports it's packing. I believe v2.0 is the latest USB ports, and I think that they are backwards-compatible with devices with earlier versions of USB.

monkey39

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the feedback guys, I decided on a Toshiba from Oz. A mate just sent over a T/E keyboard now I just need Thai windows 98.

The pourpose of getting a T/E keyboard running is just to help me with a Thai friend to read & write Thai.

Now I just need Thai windows 98. I think I've seen a post somewhere before where someone claimed you can just buy this off the street somewhere in BKK...

FA...

Archived