Thai script ??

I have just had a email sent to me in thai. When i printed it and took it to some thai guys i am working with at the moment the said it wasn't in thai. She can only write and read thai so i think its my computer that hasn't thai script on it. Can somebody tell me where to get it from and is this in thai or any other language please.¨ÔëÃàºÃÃì

mitch laugh.gif" border="0

No, that is not Thai, that is the jiberish your computer prints instead! I just got windows 98 to print and write Thai, so maybe I can help. Go to Explorer, click view, scroll down to encoding, then over to more, that should get you a list of languages, click on Thai, you may need to insert the O/S/ disk into the computer, I did, or download some Script support. That should get you the ability to read Thai on your screen, and print it. If you can't, the try updating your browser from the Microsoft sight. There was a long post on this very subject a while back, either in language, or technology. Good luck, and let me/us know if we can be of further service! smile.gif" border="0 When you get that done, I'll try to get your computer to type Thai!

Hey thanks Old Hippie much appreciated. Think i got it sorted now.

daeng bireley

Well it certainly isn't mine. She must have confused me with one of her other boyfriends. OOOhhhhh my god she's seeing somebody else BOO HOO BOO HOO

mitch

devasted and disillusioned

to add the key board function, go to control panel, then double click on the keyboard icon, then click add language, scroll down to Thai, and you should be home! Then you need a Thai keyboard, about $5.00 at Pantip, then all you have to do is learn to read and write and speak Thai! no worries!

Old Hippie,

No worries ?? ha ha ha ha I'm struggling as it is. I know nit noy bar girl thai thats about it. I'm currently trying with the help of 3 tapes and 3 books but after learning some of the words and asking the 2 thais i work with if that is correct they say 'mai' and then you have to start again. I want to be a bit more fluent for my next visit as i think it helps you a lot. Thanks for the info on the encoding as it has helped me loads. Now i can at least write to her and she write back.

mitch

f*cked off and freezing his balls off in Kazakhstan. -35 last night now thats cold.

Archived