Gary Glitter up to his old ways. <SIGH>

Guest baldrick

Gary Glitter sold his music publishing rights a long time ago for around £2 million. This was before he was exposed -- although they are still earning money through compilations etc.

Add property sales (I think he still owns a flat in London) and tour earnings he should be good for near on £3 million.

Living in the Third World and presumming that no one is ripping him off he should be good for £3000-£4000 a week in interest. Probably more if it is invested right.

If he gets sent down they'll do the slow-bleed they always do on rich foreigners. Making him pay for food, TVs. mobile phones, Third World jails are different places if you are rich.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So reading between the lines can we say lawyer offers girl (or girl's parents) large sum of money to say GG wasn't bonking her?

Lawyer denies Glitter sex claim

An arrest warrant was issued last week for Gary Glitter

The lawyer representing former glam rock star Gary Glitter said there was no evidence his client had sex with under-age girls.

Le Thanh Kinh said reports of abuse were "hearsay", adding "hearsay is not considered to be proof in court".

The ex-singer has denied accusations of having under-age sex with two girls, one aged 12, say police in Vietnam.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/4462498.stm

A couple of years ago I worked with a Vietnamese colleague from Dalat, too young to remember the war and quite outspoken in his thoughts.

He told me the communist officials in Vietnam were as corrupt as could be. He said his father told him that right after Hanoi's blitzkrieg overran the South, the reds were very dogmatic -- throwing anyone connected with the former government into "re-education camps", shooting possibly thousands of others and following the Marxist doctrine as closely as the average Thai follows as soap opera. But very quickly the country settled down into good old fashion SE Asian corruption. So GG may well be able to spread enough money around to come up smelling like a rose.

p.s. My colleague's father was a forestry officer. He said to me one day, "Remember how the mountains were completely covered with forests?" I naturally did. He said, "They aren't anymore." Seems a lot had been lost in war time bombings. But even more had been cut down by greedy "communist" officials. Hmmm ... I remember when Thailand had about three times as much forest as it does now too.

Flashermac said:
Torneyboy said:

Money speaks all languages.. :p

To me it says Adios, Sayonara, LAH GAWN etc etc.

:(

It looks like a jail sentence for GG for sure. I doubt if they'll shoot him but with all the publicity this case is getting buying his way out won't be an option. The most he can hope for now is a cell upgrade.

Archived