Gary Glitter up to his old ways. <SIGH>

Guest baldrick

The papers in the UK lose interest after a couple of weeks, week three and they are chip paper. The UK public loses interest long before that.

I think Glitter will be able to buy his way out of This in a month or two when it becomes two lines on page 35 of the NOTW.

Did he do it? I don't know? but it makes little matter when talking big back handers.

:redflag:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am not so sure he will get away with it.

I have never been to Vietnam, but I get the impression that the Govt has a bit more pride than nearby countries and would like to be taken seriously in the world, rather than folk sniggering at them - whether the gal works at the star of light or is married to the PM.

If they were wanting to make a statement about both not tolerating international kiddie fiddlers AND wanting to appear that corruption is not on the same scale as nameless nearby countries they may decide to "throw the book at him". The slight problem I could see is that it would not do their credibility any good if they sentenced him to life / 20 years and he died in a couple of years from being an old western man in a 3rd world jail.

I think it would look better for them if they shot him next year - ain't no credible politician going to put pressure on the Viet govt over someone who is already seen as a kiddie fiddler, whatever the actual truth. (apart from perhaps an obligatory plea for "mercy").

Maybe time for a poll of what folk THINK will happen (NOT what they want to happen)??

David66UK said:

I am not so sure he will get away with it.

I have never been to Vietnam, but I get the impression that the Govt has a bit more pride bla bla bla

Actually, Vietnam is even more corrupt that all their neighbours combined. So, money really speaks there.......

IMO of course after 30+ business visits over the years.

BB

i'm gonna be boring and go against the general thoughts off People i work with.

i still say cut him some slack because because nothing has been proved.

my mind is hazy but i seem to remember that his offences in the UK were down to downloaded Pix,nothing about him actually abusing Kids unlike Jonathan King.

OK,he is normally photographed in the Company of Young Kids but what does that prove?.

he has already been thrown out of a couple of SEA Countries because the UK Press have hounded him and make it their mission to destroy him.

i have had very heated arguments at Work about him and i just get so pissed off.

i ask things like "how do you know the Girl was 12"........"the Paper said so"

"how do you know he had sex with a 12 y.o?"......."the Paper said so"

i try and educate them that the part of the World he is living in is not the cleanest and that certains practices might be in operation.

i think many of you know that Countries in that part of the World may not do thing by the book.

i have no problem thinking that the British Gutter Press will do anything to get a story,after all they have been doing it for Decades.

and i have no problem thinking that a little cash might have passed hands between various Agencies to get a story and maybe a conviction.

once again i am not defending him because nothing has been provedbut if he is guilty then punish him but would anyone really wish the Death Penalty on him?.

have we forgot the adage of 'innocent until proven guilty'?.

Archived