When the new Airport opens ??

keith doug

sorry if this is a repeat question but am still looking for a answer.

At the moment from bangkok airport to lets say nanaplaza by limo/taxi takes about 45 mins ( depends on traffic) via the highway ,,, not bad emm,,

BUT!!!! WITH the new airport openning june 2006 any idea how long this will take ???

Come on, you need to be more specific than that. :grinyes:

Are you talking the "Outer Limits", the welcome to Pattaya sign (that used to be there before some clown knocked it down) or Best Friends Bar??? :dunno:

According to recent speculation there could be anything up to 13 klms difference (which in theory could add anywhere from an additional 8 minutes up to 46.3824 minutes, depending on traffic conditions....LOL..)

Hate to see another shit fight start .. :yikes::stirthepo:yikes:

To the OP:

Surely this will need to be a "wait & see" and will depend on time of day, traffic flow and also the impact the additional traffic will have on the "new" access route to downtown.

Speculation (from people I've talked with) is that it won't be much difference to what it is now....But who knows, only time will tell.

Cheers :beer:

I drive from "downtown" to by the new airport fairly often. I don't think the time will much different then trip to Don Muang. I do think that trying to get to new airport around 5-6 PM or back into town at 8-9AM will be worse then similar trip to Don Muang now. The eastern suburbs are growing very fast and a huge number of people take that way in and out Bangkok every day.

45 minutes to Pattaya is being very optimistic I?m afraid, though at times is possible. The stretch between Chon Buri and Laemb Chabang continues to be a nightmare and is getting worse. I have spent 45 minutes just doing that bit.

TH

I live in North Pattaya... that makes it only 44 minutes probably!

And the girls normally start queueing up outside my door as soon as they hear I've touched down. I'm thinking of installing a tcket machine in the hall outside! :grinyes:

I can thoroughly recommend Mr T the Taximan in Pattaya Phone 038 720318 (850 baht plus Mway tolls plus parking waiting for you = total 1050 baht. I usually tip 100 also). He (or sometimes his little cutie sheila driver) will meet you at the airport, and whisk you down to Pattaya in 1 hour 45 mins at the moment, including burning off traffic cops who try to flag you down to extort tea money.

:beer:

Hi keith,

Latest news:

Roofing-leak delay at Savarnabhumi airport

Suvarnabhumi airport is still behind schedule and its opening next June is in jeopardy because of uncooperative officials and a contractor who does not honour his job description, Deputy Transport Minister Chainant Charoensiri said yesterday.

Gen Chainant pointed to the construction of the building to house the airport's information management system.

The roof leaked because the waterproof material supplied by Tavee-Ation Co was not up to specification, he said. Notice of the problem was given two months ago, but it had not been fixed.

The building would not be finished this month as due and this would affect the planned opening of the new airport.

Bangkok post 17 November 2005

Khwai

keith doug said:

sorry if this is a repeat question but am still looking for a answer.

At the moment from bangkok airport to lets say nanaplaza by limo/taxi takes about 45 mins ( depends on traffic) via the highway ,,, not bad emm,,

BUT!!!! WITH the new airport openning june 2006 any idea how long this will take ???

Nobody on this board knows really knows anthing yet. it's 20 min.s tops from airport to hotel in a taxi so, I would just wait and see what the new times are. Remember, there's plenty of freelancers ready willing and able to handle your needs 24/7.

Archived