Moto cyke Honda Magna 750 '87

Coss

Hi all,

not strictly related to LOS, but having just purchased a Honda Magna 750 '87, I was wondering if amongst the knowledgeable members here, there might be someone with experience of this bike, and if so perhaps some comment or advice pertaining to what I've found is a bloody fast ride.

Cheers

Coss

have once borrowed a modified easy rider chopper bike off a friend in thailand. The engine was a magna 750, and while I dont remember the year of make, i think it should be around the same age.

Yes its a really fast bike. If all the parts are in order and the engine sounds all right, then there is nothing left for me than to wish you a nice ride. :)

Close friends I used to ride with in the US had both the Magna 750's and an 1100; what a screamer that was. I remember there is an issue with the engine lubrication system, something about oil supply to the valve chain.

There are several user's groups on the internet, a Google groups search will turn them up. I know they maintain FAQ's about the Magnas.

envy, envy, envy!

• 3 weeks later...

Coss,

I damned near killed myself on a Honda Magna V65! I believe I may have told you that story over a beer a while back? Nice fast bike. Wish it stopped as quickly as it accelerated! :: :D Used to have people asking me what it was. Surprised them how quick it was. I thought it was a damned nice looking machine, comfortable ride, quick as hell, and easy to maintain. I had no problems with mine until it hit a '75 Pontiac broadside when doing 60mph! Reminder: always keep the highway pegs extended! Saved my life. :: Oh yeah, and wear and fasten your helmet. Helmet laws may suck, but helmets save lives. Mine did ... save my life that is. Split the damned thing right down the back, instead of my skull. :up::relieved::yikes:

Nice bike Coss. Have fun. I loved that damned rice rocket.

Cent

p.s. There was no way I could stop. The street was newly paved with slick tarmac (just the day before), and the fucker jumped a stop sign right in front of me and stopped dead. Was a damned Catholic priest driving the Pontiac! He even tried to give me my last rites! :cussing: :cussing: :censored: :onfire:

The V65 was some bike; 1100cc V-4, six speed trans and enough torque to pull Rhode Island to Dixie; ok, a bit tall and heavy with long steering trail because of the quazai "chopper" look, but my oh my, could it get up and go. I used to love it when a sport on a belly rocket squezed up next to me at a stoplight, figuring to leave me in his smoke, the sight of their painted helmets bobbing up and down im my mirrors as they wondered why was always good for a chuckle. Brakes? eh- what brakes.

It was too tall for my friend who owned it, he loved my Seca 900, no slouch itself, so we would trade on long rides; my pleasure.

Make sure the bike doesn't require any mechanical surgury as Honda are not very good at supporting their older machinery with spare parts. A couple of months ago I foolishly took on the job of a motor rebuild on one, never again. Just too hard to procure parts here for what is a unnecessarily complex engine.

I've come to like this bike immensley (sp?) and I'm pretty sure the 20,000 kms are genuine.

I've discovered that there are a few of these in Middle Earth and hopefully parts will be availlable, second hand if not new.

Thanks for the comments gents

Cheers

Coss

Archived