Best value hotels in Bangkok

torrenova

LivestockLover said:

Manhatten is NOWHERE NEAR 1000 b. For at least the whole past year, every inquiry by phone or walk-in has yielded the cheapest room being 1600 b (single).

Manhattan - December quoting - Superior ?? Room incl B/fast & taxes (double) 1170 Bt via On line booking site.

Walk in there is always expensive (by comparison)and even if you have been there a few days and want to extend

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, huge difference when going throught an agent then (ulike most hotels). Problem with going through an agent is you can see the room first. Rooms sometimes differ GREATLY within one hotel (like manhatten, where some are very noisy and some are not). I always like to walk in and try the AirCon first (and look at other things)...then decide if I want it. I've never booked through an agent, but seems you can't do that inspection beforehand (well you can, but you already paid!). But maybe i'm wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

It seems that the Jade Pavilion (now the Grand Mercure Park Avenue) on Suk 22 has been entirely remodeled by Accor.

Rates are around 1700 baths on the Accor Asia site (hot deals).

The new (?) Grand Mercure Fortune seems also nice. Any report about this place ?

:dunno:

Archived