Best value hotels in Bangkok

torrenova

Big Kev,

Agree BUT the jerks gave recently raised prices through the roof.

Superior room (double) used to be approx. 1600 Bt when booked on the net (22-2400 walk in)

This year they are quoting 27-2800 on the net WTF !!!

And some of the web sites are also quoting a 4000Bt "Joiner fee"....Double WTF!!!

At that price they can shove it :cussing:

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you are stayng for a week (Sat.-Sat. ), you can get Tai-Pan as a timeshare through RCI for $189 for the week (plus giving up an exchange). I've been assured by a timeshare salesman there that if you acquire as an exchange, there is no problem with bringing a BG back to the room, for no extra fee. You don't get a free breakfast this way, however.

If that's the case 189USD for a week, that's a steal. what is this time shares url? I've stayed at Tai-Pan many times with deluxe rooms at 1800-1900 baht. Now 3000+. OUTLANDISH for a one time bump up. I like the hotel, but not at this tariff. :(

The catch is, you have to own a timeshare to exchange with, plus pay the $189. That timeshare that yo own probably have amintenance fees of $400-$500. So, whenyo add thses fees to the $189, its not such a good deal. I do belong to a points system, which is a better deal, since hotel rooms and studios require a lot less points than a one or two bedrrom unit. I am staying at the Allamanda Laguna Resort in Phuket for 4 weeks this February. It is a four star property (I saw it last August while staying in Patong and can confirm it). No, its not near Patong, so I'll have to do weekly LT's on my one or two night visits to Patong per week. I did wanat one part of my three and a half month stay in south-east Asia to be in a very nice hotel property. I figure that this is costing me $189 times four weeks, plus $500 - $600 in fees for the points($1,256-$1,356 total). This is versus the $2,845 that the resort charges for a month's stay. I figure that the diffeerence of $1,500-$1,600 can be used for more important night time activities.

I met said timeshare salesman when he was working at Grand Tower Inn (a timeshare) on Rama IV. He's an Englishman who was in the Royal Navy and had spent some time off and on in LOS (mainly in Pattaya) and met someone that he decided to move ot LOS and move in with. He now works at the Tai Pan Hotel. His name is Henry, and he has culrish red hair and glasses (if you want to ask him yourself). Considering his background, I trust him. I do know personally what you mean about timeshare people and their promises.

Archived