Help from Swedes In Stockholm Please?

Torneyboy

Hi

I have a son (from falang marriage) now living in Stockholm with an asian/Swedish GF.

Been there about 4 weeks they are living with the Gfs mother,he is working cash in hand in a cloak room (75 K per hour) and also gets some parking attendant work.

He told us while working last week at the exhibition centre for a function for L'Oreal Paris ...1000 hot chicks...2 asked him out ..right in front of his GF :)

Things are expensive so he needs a better job....he wants bar work as he was doing this in Sydney while waiting to go to Uni.

He cant't work in the bars till he can speak the language...he can do a free course but not till January.

Can you guys let me know of a course / school he can learn now ..In Stockholm?

Jeans 300AUD say 9000THb..his GF bought some for 18000thb.

How do you guys live there???? :p

Any help and advice for young foreigners working (has visa) in Sweden?

Hi!

The first thing to learn is the language. Many foreigners come here and say that we are racists but they do not very often understand that our language is what defines our country. Being an english speaker does not help at all as nearly all swedes speak english.

How do you guys live there????

Because we know our way around and don't pay the prices that you are quoting.

regards

ALHOLK

Hi.

First post after lurking year after year after?

For learning the lingo you/he might want to have a look here:

http://www.folkuniversitetet.se/templates/Page.aspx?id=25790

I?m following a course in Thai at this school at the moment and I realize now how easy the Swedish language is. So he should be all right.

It appears their courses started today but if he acts rew-rew I?m sure he can join. I bit pricy it is, but hey! Jeans are 9000THB here. And 18000 for girls!

As for a bartender work I would think it?s possible to secure one without speaking Swedish. I hardly drink anymore myself but it happens that I get lost and need to sit down and rest. There are bars that do their business in English. Best bet (my guess) would be to ask around in sport bars.

Cheers and good luck!

OK

PS Sorry, I can't figure out how to post a hyperlink or how to add the germlins. I'll read the instructions before my next post.DS

brottbyman said:

Hi, swedish lessons are offered free of charge by the goverment and i think that he would be able to start straight away.Where is he staying in stockholm? I can get a telnr. for you so that he can check it out.

Free language courses thru SFI ("svenska för invandrare") requires that you have a residents visa ("permanent uppehållstillstånd"). I would think that's not the case here.

Archived