Forget closing time! What about opening time?!

bibblies

During my recent trip, I was itching to get started as early as possible and had to force myself not to venture into the gogo areas until 7.30 or 8.00. But when I eventually got there, 90% of the bars had few girls, fewer customers and little sign of life! Even on Friday/Saturday, things didn't get going until 9/9.30.

Considering the gogos close at 1AM now, this is madness! Where are you all? Have we just meekly lost an hour of gogo fun?

Shark, Baccara and Dollhouse are usually the ones I try first. Some girls do show up. I just can't believe how few guys do though (and this in turn affects the number of girls who show at that time). Isn't anyone here on holiday?

As for NEP, the girls must be laughing. They're now closing an hour earlier and managing to scrape into "work" half an hour to an hour later! I'm dying to turn up earlier but there's no-one else there...

My experience is a lot of the better looking girls don't bother to show up till later so the old saying "the early bird gets the worm" doesn't seem to apply to gogo's. I pretty much always show after 9pm. I don't mind if there are no customers, but I want to see a full complement of BG's including the cream of the crop.

Yeah, the better ones do start showing up after 9. But I don't think this used to be the case so we're getting squeezed at both ends, I'd say. Maybe there's some subtle economics going on here - they're reducing supply time so punters can't get in as many STs, so they fuck fewer times but still spend the same amount through higher prices.

This is the fundamental problem with early closing: you cannot really compensate by opening earlier. In theory in sounds fine, but in practice it doesn?t seem to work. BGs come late, I suspect in large part because they still stay out late despite the earlier closing times; take a look at Sukhumvit at 3 am. On the other hand, by 11 p.m., most discos are dead. Why?

I don?t want to sound like a nightlife mystic, but I do think that there is a natural rhythm to nightlife. The earlier closing times make things less convenient (your options are more limited), but they don?t really change things. Like water flowing to the lowest point, the party continues, but in less comfortable, less safe and less controllable venues. And it is certainly more visible - take a drive down Sukhumvit late at night. From virtually any perspective, it really is a foolish policy

This is the fundamental problem with early closing: you cannot really compensate by opening earlier. In theory in sounds fine, but in practice it doesn?t seem to work. BGs come late, I suspect in large part because they still stay out late despite the earlier closing times; take a look at Sukhumvit at 3 am. On the other hand, by 11 p.m., most discos are dead. Why?

I don?t want to sound like a nightlife mystic, but I do think that there is a natural rhythm to nightlife. The earlier closing times make things less convenient (your options are more limited), but they don?t really change things. Like water flowing to the lowest point, the party continues, but in less comfortable, less safe and less controllable venues. And it is certainly more visible - take a drive down Sukhumvit late at night. From virtually any perspective, it really is a foolish policy

Baccara and Dollhouse are usually the ones I try first. Some girls do show up. I just can't believe how few guys do though (and this in turn affects the number of girls who show at that time). Isn't anyone here on holiday?[/i]

This sounds terrible. I believe the least I can do is make my way across to LOS on 3rd December for a holiday just to help you solve this problem. Yes, I would rather stay here in freezing cold UK with a shitty nightlife and f*ucking ugly girls, BUT if fellow board members need more guys to come to gogos early, then I will do my duty.

The things I do for people..... :: ::

Archived