Asian Tourists

asiafun

Flashermac said:

Don't know much about Korean tourists. There is a Korean restaurant area in Bangkok that is supposed to have some entertainment spots in it too. Never been there though. Except for one Korean student in an international programme I taught a few years ago, the only Koreans I know here are Korean-American. They act just like any other Americans and go to the same places as the rest of us.

Truth.

monkey39

honorable Korean-American tourist ::

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But, if my family is any indicator, Koreans probably travel in tour groups, as well. My parents, aunts and uncles always travel with Korean tour groups when visiting other countries. My thoughts on this is that Asian cultures tend to be more communal, as opposed to the individualistic nature of Western cultures, so they feel safer and more comfortable with others from their own ethnic/language group. Although I think this applies more to the older generations; younger generations tend to be more adventurous and independent these days.

monkey39

I would agree with this wolf pack mentality amongst the older asians. When I see the tour groups they are typically composed of older folks (above 30). When I see Koreans clubbing they are usually in groups of three or more and frequently have their wives with them. I have even seen children in tow with families during trips to ago-go's :: :dunno:

Guest lazyphil

Years ago, I saw two Japanese girls faffing around outside Kings college chapel trying to use the remote picture device on there camara, i volenteered to take their photo, very grateful (not THAT grateful :()....no tour group with them, but i doubt not far away!

Alfmaz said:

I know some people from China go to Pattaya quick trip

All the talk of tour groups (in other threads) going through Pattaya kinda surprises me. Bear in mind, I haven't been to Pattaya yet (going in Jan. for the first time :o ), but my impression is that the nightlife is the major attraction there, so all these tour groups with families from China seems out of place to me. I'm guessing the nightlife isn't really emphasized in their tour brochures, but not sure if I'd want to bring wife and kids to Pattaya (not that I have either!).

monkey39

Archived