USC vs Texas

BadaBing

Well , it ain't 3 hours after USC beat the snot out of the Brewins they have been installed as 6 point favorites over the Steers and Queers , no total anounced yet. I'll set it at 88.

For the also rans , Florida State is laying the wood to Virginia Tech as of this post.

This is gonna be 1 hell of a game me thinks , USC 48, the S&Q's 40.

Bada :beer: Bing

The_Munchmaster said:

I take it you're talking about US College Football (American Football)? Will the winners of the whole thing become the World College Football champions, even though they only play against American colleges, like most other American team sports champions brand themselves? :stirthepo

Nah , college ball don't care about world this or that :: , but if you soccer dudes keep calling Europe vs South America the " World Cup " well maybe things will change here :neener:

Bada :beer: Bing

What's the vegas spread on this one? Although the Rose Bowl is where UCLA plays, it has to be considered an SC home game to a certain extent.

The Big 12 was weak this season. Which is atypcial. Texas really hasn't been tested. The PAC-10 is a stronger conference. Catching Ohio State early at Columbus is Texas' claim to fame. Tx Tech the only other strong team in the Big 12. Never thought there would come a day when Oklahoma, Nebrask. Tx A&M and Colorado were all bad in the same season.

SC's offense is like a pro team, but I worry about them being able to stop Texas. I would take the over in this game.

As for the world champion thing, its one of the first thing I heard about us 'arrogant yanks' when I met people from outside the U.S. Why baseball and american football and basketball teams are called world champions when its in reality a national championship. True. But it works and generates billions of dollars and every one is happy with it. No harm, no foul. Plus, who's gonna tell 'em they can't? hehehehe

My alma mater, Auburn, deserved a shout. Only lost to Ga Tech and a close one to LSU and beat 'Bama and Georgia. Where's the justice!!

War Eagle!!!

Archived