Thailand or Brazil.

whcouncill

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice discussion should really be in nightlife, regional sanuk whatever :)

I guess in the end it boils down to if one really prefers the latino's or the asians?

Secondary is if one like the thai or brazil culture i.e. food, life style, party style etc etc.

Also personal attitude or even whether one is a short or tall guy :cover:

Choice is all ours & I regret I never made it to Brazil as a single man - yet :banghead:

Now I'm pre-conditioned ...

I guess different people different strokes.

I`ve been to sao paolo, Rio and Fortaleza with my brother who lives in Brazil.

I don`t appreciate the latin temperament one bit and I most certainly don`t like the crime rate. Although I was there only for a fortnight, we experienced a few very unpleasant episodes.

Well, at least the hookers are upfront, brutally upfront actually, forget about GF experience.

Obviously my brother who speaks the lingo swears by Brazil, but personally, I shall never go back there.

I am however aware of the fact that part of my dislike (or rather non appreciation) of the country was probably due to the fact that I don`t know a word of the language and had no intention of learning it.

Bottom line: IMHO Thailand win hands down in just about every respect.

The food comparison? There is no comparison whatsoever.

cheers

hn

That is a good point..The GF experience. LOS and asian cultures in general maybe to a lesser degree than LOS have the opportunity to have a GF experience rather than I am hooker, you are customer, screw me and get it over with...

That is proabaly the one of the greatest draws about LOS that other cultures lack or just isn't present. Prostitution is a straight, up-front business in our western societies. Even in america, hookers market themselves as a Gf experience. They know it isn't true but they do know what customers mostly want and try to use that angle. Same same in the corporate world as we talk about team-work, team-player in an individualized society.

CB

Salvador's carnaval is, with Rio, the most commercial, but not the best.

Many brasilian people consider Recife, Olinda, Aracaju and Ouro Preto much more spontaneous and much more fun.

Yet if I'd had the desire to go in a Carnaval in South America (which is not the case currently, as my interest is at 100% concentrated on East Europe) I'd definitely choose Barranquilla in Colombia.

:cool:

Salvador's carnaval is, with Rio, the most commercial, but not the best.

Many brasilian people consider Recife, Olinda, Aracaju and Ouro Preto much more spontaneous and much more fun.

Yet if I'd had the desire to go in a Carnaval in South America (which is not the case currently, as my interest is at 100% concentrated on East Europe) I'd definitely choose Barranquilla in Colombia.

:cool:

Thanks! :beer:

Archived