Thailand or Brazil.

whcouncill

I went to Rio a few years back. Got mugged at knife point on the first day. Had to wait 8 days to get a flight out. Spent the time down by Copacabana but really didn't see many attractive ladies. Couldn't find any decent nightlife either! Flew back to Dubai and straight on to LOS where I was able to relax and enjoy myself.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pat- (I'm assuming the Jersey refers to NJ, not Isle of)

The action in Brazil is plentiful and the ladies beautiful, but P4P has a much sharper edge than in LOS. You have to be on your guard every second. Any Brazilian city is sort of like the dangerous parts of Camden or Newark or Jersey City, except the climate is better. A hell of a lot of people are waiting for you to get careless and if you do, you'll pay dearly for it.

If you can handle yourself well in physical confrontations (or at least look like you can) or have a buddy watching your back, you'll be OK.

But alone, and without any understanding of the local language and culture, you're much better off in LOS. No ladies, no matter how beautiful or energetic, are worth getting robbed, much less a knife in the gut.

Evel

:devil:

Avoid Brasil at all costs.

The women are all ugly, fat, flat-assed, and usually dressed with shapeless rags. The few ones who could consider sex before marriage are totally unskilled in bed. Nightlife is lousy and prohibition has been in effect for years, so there is nowhere to get a drink. In the very few bars open after 6pm, atmosphere is gloomy, music is crap and people don't know how to dance. Moreover, there are muggers lurking behind every tree with knives in their teeth, waiting to cut your throat and ready to cut off your arm just to steal your watch.

The weather is horrible, the beaches depressing and the food awful.

Don't go. Stick to Pattaya !!!

:smirk:

Hi mongers,

I thought I would put my 2 cents worth in. My first Mongering trip was to Thailand back in 2000. I loved it!! Since then, I have been to Brazil about 15 times, and LOS 5 times. I love them both, and here are the differences I see.

Brazil is closer for me. I live in NYC.

Thailand is cheaper. although 3 or 4 years ago the real was almost 4 to 1 to the dollar. now about 2 to 1.

The women are different. Yes.. the asians are much more timid and shy in general. You rarely get this with the brazilians. However I have had some great uninhibited sex in Thailand that match the brazilian standards.

Brazil has Termas, but Thailand has the Turkish baths and the fishbowls.

I love getting Thai/Oil massage. I get a 2 hour massage every day, and its not as available or cheap in Brazil.

Yes.. Brazil is more dangerous, and you have to be on guard, but if your street smart, you should be fine.

The beaches are great in Both places.

I Love brazil, and studied Portuguese for 2 years, and speak very well. I learned the culture, and like it more than thailand. I can relate better to the brazilians. Now that I speak some portuguese I spend alot of time meeting 'normal' girls, and that is where it gets really fun in Brazil. The 'programa' girls now are just a side note. In thailand, I stick mainly to the p4p.

All in all I love both places, but those are the differences that i see. Ill be arriving in Bangkok on December 2 .. If there are any mongers that want to get together next week for some beer and chasing. Let me know.

• 4 weeks later...

In copa cabana the shoe polish guy kept insisting that i should look at my sandal cause i needed a shoe shine. No i don't need a fucking shoe shine! Finally looked down. The fucker somehow had thrown some brown looking shit on my sandal. I understand its an old trick in copa ha ha.

Evel said: "But alone, and without any understanding of the local language and culture, you're much better off in LOS."

Yeah that was me. Don't speak a word of spanish. If you speak the language I can see how brazil would be like paradise.

Some brazilian girls are hot. A large number were ugly as hell but that was due to the places I hung out i'm sure.

But the most beautiful stunning girls i have ever seen are the ones heading into nanaplaza. Just standing there on the sidewalk around 7pm watching 100s of these NP girls on their way to work. Nothing compares to it. You don't need to speak thai, you just need to be there and you will have the time of your life. And the kids who shine shoes don't throw shit on you :smirk:

Archived