Hong Kong hotel emergency

itsmedave

We leave for Hong Kong on the 28th, and have spent the last two weeks trying to get a hotel unsuccessfully. We have booked at three different hotels through asiarooms.com, and have been told each time (two days later!) that the hotel is full.

Any suggestions (cheap but decent in the Kowloon area is preferred) Already were turned away by Kimberley, Knutsford, and B.P. Int'l.

uh... just checked for room over NYE and the price is doubling on what's left!! pretty stiff!!

Still wondering wether I'll stay more than the afternoon I need to settle my issues there.

You guys think is worth spending NYE in HK, prolly taking TGF along?? I've spent one NYE there and I guess it was cool but so is BKK and Ascott Sathorn.

Thinking as well offering myself a F return ticket on TG and going for a very short trip (0 or 1 night, GF can wait in BKK)

What do you enlighten guys think??

Even though you've gotten your room, I will add my pointless advise. If you want a cheap, cheap clean room, just go up Nathan to around Jordan, and it the buildings up there theres lots of cheap clean and small hotels, or guesthouses, of whatever they are.

On my last trip there I didn't have a place a head of time and just walked around Nathan just north of Jordan and ended up at the 'Best Hotel' spotlessly clean, very small but it had a/c and cable tv, and it was only 240HK a night. Before I got that I checked out several others in the area, and they were all really clean also, and much cheaper.

Thanks very much for the advice. As it is I am heading to HK on christmas day and will be staying there for new years too.

I havent organised accommodation yet, because I thought there has to be some found somewhere.

Now Ill deffo follow ur advice to look for some around Nathan Rd.

Cheers,

If anyone knows a festive hangout for NY eve, pls let me know.

Cheers,

PC

Archived